Coming Home Lights

It will be possible but havent seen anything documented for it so will be one of those things that needs to be figured out, i think i will order carista then i can do a before and after scan with VCDS and see what the change is...... saves pissing around trying to figure it out

does anyone know if this is possible with VCDS ?? I always thought the indicators aren't bright enough with the LED DRL's ??
I would offer to do it for you but you are way down the West Country. It's £15 pounds for the pluggy in bit from Amazon and you get a months free pro features at the minute. Maybe the easiest solution unless you are up above Birmingham anytime soon?

It will be possible but havent seen anything documented for it so will be one of those things that needs to be figured out, i think i will order carista then i can do a before and after scan with VCDS and see what the change is...... saves pissing around trying to figure it out

Pauly if you wait whilst the end of January, I'll send mine down to you, download the app to your phone and it gives you a month free, post the Carista Plug back after the month to me if you like?

I would offer to do it for you but you are way down the West Country. It's £15 pounds for the pluggy in bit from Amazon and you get a months free pro features at the minute. Maybe the easiest solution unless you are up above Birmingham anytime soon?

That’s what I love about this forum, every one is so helpful :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I may order one if it’s only £15, is it obvious what I need to order ?? Is it simple enough to do when I have it please

Just out of interest @JaySal , where are you based, I do occasionally travel up the country for work, could bring the Velle if timings suit ??

Pauly if you wait whilst the end of January, I'll send mine down to you, download the app to your phone and it gives you a month free, post the Carista Plug back after the month to me if you like?
Thanks for the offer but i have ordered one know, for the price its handy thing to have in the toolkit

Carista Bluetooth OBD2 Adapter and App: Diagnose, Customize and Service your Audi, BMW, Lexus, Mini, Scion, Toyota, VW, Seat or Skoda with dealer level technology https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Cj.sAbSK7NWMS

Is this what I need ???

Yes thats the one I ordered Saturday and it arrived Sunday this week. I'm just South of Sheffield but I have to make a few trips to South of Leicester this month for van bits so if you are around I'll see what I can do. For the price its definitely worth it, my van has the locks at 10mph now to stop any of those nobs at traffic lights which can open your door and swipe owt plus the usual sweeping dials and big MPH display.

Jaysal where abouts are you? I live at Killamarsh and seen your van parked somewhere n can't remember where

I have a scan from when I first got my van and the latest scan I have done (The one I sent you @Pauly) is after I enabled this feature. I'm not sure where to look for the differences though. Are the headlights a module in central electrics or are they part of headlight range?

Can you send me a copy of each so i can have a look please

I would be really interested to know the difference and therefore if it can be done on VCDS :thumbsup:

I've just changed my coming home lights from headlights to fog lights and still have to flash the headlights to enable the coming home function. I can see the logic to this as you wouldn't necessarily want the fog/headlights to always come on when its dark - such as parking on the RHS of the road - as this would confuse oncoming drivers. I also disable mine when camping as it's kind of rude to flood light the campsite every time you unlock.

Back