Comfort Dash - Usb Port Below Radio Screen

Murdoch

Electrician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Does anyone else experience problems with their USB port disconnecting when going over bumps. .... it’s driving me mad!

Thoughts ?

Not me.

Try a new decent usb cable. . . . . .

The cable connectors wear and only have a Limited insertion life.

Try a decent branded new cable and give it another test.?

It’s extremely unlikely to be the factory cable connected at the rear as they use a very sturdy
Plug that is a PITA to disconnect so my first thoughts would be as above, try different lead/device first

It’s extremely unlikely to be the factory cable connected at the rear as they use a very sturdy
Plug that is a PITA to disconnect so my first thoughts would be as above, try different lead/device first

tried a variety of leads .........

Maybe its the phone and then?

Ie a loose phone socket.?

Have you tried it with a different phone or tablet?

Failing all that it could be a damaged loose socket in the dash.... but thats normally only when people have been ramming pens or othing things into the socket.... or been too rough with trying to plug in a usb cable the wring way.....

Mine does this occasionally too, but I'm pretty sure it's just the Skipton Car Radio adaptor loom that I have that goes between the headunit and amp.

I'd take the radio out and then unplug/plug the main loom in/out a couple of times just to see if there's an iffy connection.

It was an option, mine isn't there either, but my glove box one cuts out over bumps too, but I think it's the multiplug behind the radio.

Maybe its the phone and then?

Ie a loose phone socket.?

Have you tried it with a different phone or tablet?

Failing all that it could be a damaged loose socket in the dash.... but thats normally only when people have been ramming pens or othing things into the socket.... or been too rough with trying to plug in a usb cable the wring way.....

Tried all sorts of things, the latest is a longer cable and having the phone on the passenger seat .... Big bump and it switches off

Update :

Tried the misses iPhone and it worked perfectly , so then tried mine again .... and fingers crossed it’s been ok so far ......

Bizarre or what

Software issue?

Back