Colour Coded Wheels.

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
So I bought a set on new 17inch Devonports off @Highline. My intention is to have them powder coated in Blackberry to match the van.
The thing is I've not seen anybody else who has done this so I'm just asking for peoples opinions on whether it would look good or not and if there is any reason no-one else has done this ?
Cheers.:thumbsup:

I would imagine you would have a hell of a job matching the blackberry Lord Mfwic

I would imagine you would have a hell of a job matching the blackberry Lord Mfwic

You might be right. You might get a close colour, but I doubt there's a Blackberry powder coating, and getting them slightly off might ruin what you're trying to do and just look odd. I suspect you'd have to have them painted properly to get the colour spot on, but that can cost a lot more than just powder coating.

You might be right. You might get a close colour, but I doubt there's a Blackberry powder coating, and getting them slightly off might ruin what you're trying to do and just look odd. I suspect you'd have to have them painted properly to get the colour spot on, but that can cost a lot more than just powder coating.

I'm led to believe they have a magic pen which scans the colour and provides a perfect match.

If the colour was a good match do you think it would look odd? Its just I've never seen anyone do this even painting the wheels so don't know how the finished job will look.

Yes I have to say I think it would be too much,the devonports centre trims painted in blackberry might be a nice touch though:thumbsup:

It was definitely the right thing to do on my wheels

IMG_0430.JPG IMG_0383 (2).JPG

Last edited:
I'm led to believe they have a magic pen which scans the colour and provides a perfect match.

If the colour was a good match do you think it would look odd? Its just I've never seen anyone do this even painting the wheels so don't know how the finished job will look.

I'm going through the whole powder coating process at the moment with my banded 19s, and although the internet might have 100's of different colours, each individual powder coating company doesn't seem to hold that many, and are a little reluctant to order powder for one off jobs in my experience. This is where you have to resort to a bodyshop. I think if you removed the tyres, and gave a bodyshop a set of bare wheels that are new and not damaged, you might be surprised on how reasonable the cost per wheel is. (unless you went to a main dealer:eek:)

I don't know what they'd look like to be honest, they'd either look great, or total chod, but that's subjective I guess.
Personally, if I was colour coding Ports, i'd leave the centre caps the original plastic colour to give a nice contrast.

I'm going through the whole powder coating process at the moment with my banded 19s, and although the internet might have 100's of different colours, each individual powder coating company doesn't seem to hold that many, and are a little reluctant to order powder for one off jobs in my experience. This is where you have to resort to a bodyshop. I think if you removed the tyres, and gave a bodyshop a set of bare wheels that are new and not damaged, you might be surprised on how reasonable the cost per wheel is. (unless you went to a main dealer:eek:)

I don't know what they'd look like to be honest, they'd either look great, or total chod, but that's subjective I guess.
Personally, if I was colour coding Ports, i'd leave the centre caps the original plastic colour to give a nice contrast.
I definitely going to leave the centre caps original.
There are 2 big powder coating companies close to me so if they cant guarantee a perfect match then I'll look down the route of getting them sprayed. I'll call in to them and see what they offer when I get my van back.

My local powder coaters told me they can do any colour based on RAL.

‘standard’ colours like black/silver/grey/anthracite etc were cheaper with a quicker turn around time but they were ok going any colour so defo worth asking but as mentioned not sure how similar the finish would be with paint compared to powder coat ?

:thumbsup: from me, it's all about individuality but the van needs lowering now :rolleyes: next time im passing it will be nice to see them in the flesh.

Ooh air! that will be nice, but you will probably change your mind after camper jam as the list will become even longer of things you want and need!

Back