Devonports- why so hated?

I think this was just an observation that 20" wheels and a drop look great, but other options are available.

Im sure that fellow forum members are not so over sensitive to take offence to @Pant Terrors comment!
I didn't take offence and I doubt others would either, but it is worth being mindful of forum etiquette that everyone should be respectful of others' choices - otherwise we risk the forum descending into the gutter, much like Twitter has.

Totally right Bav. I apologise for my wording, please replace the word ”herd”, with “fashion”. No offence intended. I personally think dropped 20” Transporters look perfect in their proportions, the wheels fit the space,awesome. I was heading in that direction myself until I remembered the rostyle wheels of the 70’s and could see the potential of the Devonports to mimick them. Add some black vinyl and the chunky tyres to cope with our current “s**t hole country” roads. Love Ayjay’s take on them. iv’e also seen them in dark coating with BFG’s on. Once again peace on you all.

Reactions: Bav
Totally right Bav. I apologise for my wording, please replace the word ”herd”, with “fashion”. No offence intended. I personally think dropped 20” Transporters look perfect in their proportions, the wheels fit the space,awesome. I was heading in that direction myself until I remembered the rostyle wheels of the 70’s and could see the potential of the Devonports to mimick them. Add some black vinyl and the chunky tyres to cope with our current “s**t hole country” roads. Love Ayjay’s take on them. iv’e also seen them in dark coating with BFG’s on. Once again peace on you all.
No apology required mate. I am (overly?) zealous with the forum etiquette thing, but only because this forum is special and not like any other forum I've come across.

No apology required mate. I am (overly?) zealous with the forum etiquette thing, but only because this forum is special and not like any other forum I've come across.
I’ve also been described as Special, just comes naturally :grin bounce:

Back