Devonports- why so hated?

Samro

VIP Member
T6 Legend
It seems everyone hates a set of OEM Devonports!
I sold a BRAND NEW full set at the end of last year for £350 and they were hard to sell at that price!
Tyres are Continental Eco Contact 215/60 R17T (109) and the cheapest I can find these online is about £170 each!
6B31496F-0C2D-4ECB-8AB4-2E4D8023BD27.png
What amazes me is that plenty of people out there are using Devenoports and they must occasionally need a full set of tyres at a cost of over £600 just for the tyres, so why not buy a set with delivery miles only for £500 and get a set of spare wheels! I just don't understand what is suppressing the prices?

I have another brand new set to sell and I think I may pay a fitter to remove the tyres and sell the wheels and tyres separately.
D2F3C969-734A-4590-82E9-EB0DD78FB15E.jpeg
Has anybody on this forum got any tips on how to get the sensible offers for Devonports with brand new tyres? They have to be with £500..... Surely!

I thought Devonports pretty much sold easy if there about £400 / £500 price bracket. There are a few sets I have seen that are £750 + .

I think one of the issues is that people who run standard vans dont frequent forums. Our neighbour has a bogo shuttle. They’ll just pay a premium for new tyres rather than a cheaper set of delivery mile wheels and tyres.

Goodyear Cargo Vectors seem to gather more interest than Conti’s. Is the Cargo Vector still an option on new T6.1?

I'd willingly buy a set, I like the look of them.
But not at £500
That proves my point!
I thought Devonports pretty much sold easy if there about £400 / £500 price bracket. There are a few sets I have seen that are £750 + .
£750 is rich, but £500 is still hard to get!

I think one of the issues is that people who run standard vans dont frequent forums. Our neighbour has a bogo shuttle. They’ll just pay a premium for new tyres rather than a cheaper set of delivery mile wheels and tyres.
I guess that this is the problem too! After all, I've paid a small fortune for wheels and tyres that fulfil my exact requirements.... several times over!

Goodyear Cargo Vectors seem to gather more interest than Conti’s. Is the Cargo Vector still an option on new T6.1?
Don't know but my current set of wheels/tyres came with a new T6.1 (T32) delivered in March 2022.

The reason you want to sell is because you want something else. Amongst enthusiasts, people already have or want something else as well.

The reason you want to sell is because you want something else. Amongst enthusiasts, people already have or want something else as well.
That's what I agreed with when I quoted @Paynewright's comment. It is simply the value of the tyres, coupled with the sheer number of "standard" vans that I see every day that causes me to be amazed by the lack of value in them.

Where are you trying to sell them?
Sorry. I read this as "why" and not "where"!
I'll photograph them properly and post them for sale on Monday. They are currently in my workshops in Lymington, Hampshire.
I think I'll put them up for £450. Does that sound right?

Yup, I bought a set a while back off the Forum JUST for the tyres...what a great price for 4 almost new tyres, you won't beat it.......if only my other tyres would wear out !!:think smile bounce:
Did you sell the naked alloys fir £50?

Just ordered a set of Michelin Agilis All season tyres for my Devonports, £820 x4.
If I had been able to find delivery mileage wheels with All Season tyres I would have had them no problem.
Agreed that it’s daft how cheap new Devonport wheel sets are on the forum.

I feel your pain! I almost gave away a set of Thunder alloys (17") for £100 for the lot....

No tyres, but even so - you can't even buy a naked steel spare wheel for less than £50...

Back