ClimAir wind deflectors

This is definitely another personal opinion thread so here is my 2 pence worth :think smile bounce:

I have the smoked Climair deflectors and really happy with them. They have a good tint and you struggle to see the window is open unless your up close. I went for these over the black for better visibility as others have said, granted its only marginal but all helps in my opinion. I deliberately didn't go for black as you wont see out through them at all.
I rang them straight back and changed to smoked! Thanks for sowing the seed of doubt, matie!!!

Thanks as always for sharing your various opinions. Given how often my wife criticises me for sudden braking on the approach to roundabouts, I think I'll go for smoke!

Last edited:
Got a phonecall at 8pm(!) from Climair:
Him: "Just letting you know we ordered 20 pairs of deflectors from Germany and your name is on one of them, so we'll get them to you as soon as they clear customs"
Me: "Will I have to pay any customs charges?"
Him: "No, but we will"
Me: "Is Brexit having a big impact on your business?"
Him: "Would I be working at 8pm if it wasn't?!"

Apparently they used to be able to order individual items direct from the factory to the customer; Now they've got to order by the pallet and hope it doesn't take long to arrive. My deflectors were ordered from Germany over a week ago...

Him: "Just letting you know we ordered 20 pairs of deflectors from Germany and your name is on one of them, so we'll get them to you as soon as they clear customs"

Apparently they used to be able to order individual items direct from the factory to the customer; Now they've got to order by the pallet and hope it doesn't take long to arrive. My deflectors were ordered from Germany over a week ago...
Fair play on their part hope you get them soon!

Good on them to call you with an update

I ordered a set a few weeks ago, received them a couple days ago. Same situation as you, was keep updated with the delays and was happy to wait. Worth it for sure.

Just noticed this thread. My black ones have just been delivered and the box is unopened. Should I be sending them back and change to smoke?

Just noticed this thread. My black ones have just been delivered and the box is unopened. Should I be sending them back and change to smoke?
I changed my mind two minutes after ordering black and had to call back and ask for smoked. I had smoked before and they are quite dark from the outside but do grant you a degree of visibility from the inside. I’m just reluctant to restrict visibility but it is a personal choice.

I would. In my opinion the A pillars are very wide before making them wider.
I agree.

Hesitant to offer purchasing advice because people halve different taste… but in my view the smoked already provide a good look on my black van and still allow you to see through. If they were solid black, I think it would reduce the window aperture too much.

Let me know if photos would help. Can go out and snap a few.

I have to admit, I was a bit concerned that they might be solid, but just went ahead with it anyway! :laugh:
They go pretty well with the other black parts :thumbsup:

Reactions: JOG
Back