Lower-dash 12v socket fuse location?

That's bloody amazing cheers !
Does a regular USB convertor plug in to this type of socket, I've got an Anker one. I know this sounds like a bit of stupid question but thought I'd check.

That's bloody amazing cheers !
Does a regular USB convertor plug in to this type of socket, I've got an Anker one. I know this sounds like a bit of stupid question but thought I'd check.
Yes fine, but if you leave the van for a long period(a couple of weeks) remember to remove the adapter.

So i tried the fuse but that was in place.
I popped out the 12v Socket and discovered the electrical connector behind it didn't attach to anything and there's nothing near to it to plug it in to.
Is it something I could find and fix myself do you think ? I need pointing in the right direction....IMG_2598.jpg

Was this an unfinished project do you think? If it was not a factory fotr then the part on the loom probably won't be there.
You could add a piggyback fuse to supply it.
BTW did you have a fuse in that location?

It was just one owner before me not really sure what they were doing with it as I'd bought it from a van dealer.
Yes, there was a fuse there...
How complicated is adding the cable to supply it?

If the fuse was there I would think the tail of the loom is in there somewhere..

Did you resolve this? I have the same non-working socket but not started troubleshooting yet. Hopefully mine's connected, at least..
That socket on my van has never worked from new. I did discover (while looking at something else) that the rear connector was not connected, so I fixed that, but the socket still doesn’t work. However, I would rather have it as a switched socket, so it has always been my intent to re-wire it to a switched fuse tap. Hence I have never looked for the fuse.

Did you resolve this? I have the same non-working socket but not started troubleshooting yet. Hopefully mine's connected, at least..
When I took everything off there was a male connector and wire on the back but nowhere to plug it in. I’m going to get someone to connect the female part that needs to come from the fuse board. I can’t see it anywhere.

+1 thanks to the contributors on this thread. Was able to identify the fuse that's blown for my cigarette lighter socket (mid-dash) and the right fuse tap for my dashcam/reversing mirror whilst in a dim and rainy Halford's car park!

However, the 12V socket is permanently live. From a number of other threads the middle column of mini fuses is switched with ignition, is that correct? Someone suggested tapping off the 15A one, which is washer jets, I think?

Reactions: Loz
Thanks again. I now have the dashcam / rear view mirror running off a switched live (top) and a permanent live (right) awaiting something else!

PXL_20201122_174341243.jpg

I popped out the 12v Socket and discovered the electrical connector behind it didn't attach to anything and there's nothing near to it to plug it in to.
Is it something I could find and fix myself do you think ? I need pointing in the right direction....View attachment 85283
Hi everyone,

Sorry for reopening an old topic but is there someone who could explain to me how to remove the grey/beige block on this picture ? (Not the fusebox panel but the one where the 12v cigar socket is)

Thank you very much !!!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for reopening an old topic but is there someone who could explain to me how to remove the grey/beige block on this picture ? (Not the fusebox panel but the one where the 12v cigar socket is)

Thank you very much !!!
With brute force!

See Cigarette Lighter socket removal? for tips
and 12v dash din for how it looks like once removed (so you can see where the clips are)

Is it something I could find and fix myself do you think ? I need pointing in the right direction....View attachment 85283
How do you get the part with the 12v out?
Like the whole thing from the dash…

Back