T6.1 12v socket/cig lighter fuse location

Tribblehunter

VIP Member
Hi all.
Recently purchased a 2022 5 seater T6. It has 2 12 volt sockets. One by the gear shift and one above steering wheel on top of dash. Factory fitted.
Neither are working.
I have looked at all available fuse layouts and threads and they refer to the fuses being under the passenger seat.
There are no blade fuses under my passenger seat. Only loom plugs and a couple of 40 amp fuses ( I think they are fuses. Rectangular clear top. 40 amp label. )

Before I pull every fuse on the board can anyone enlighten me?

You have VIP membership so you should be able to download this - look for the 15A fuses

I think for your van they will be in fuse box SC in the centre dash. Most likely Fuse 49

There may be a second 20A on in fuse box SF Fuse 11, again centre dash.

Success!!
Thank you very much. It was under the passenger seat. I just could not see it. Tucked behind the rail.
Many many thanks to you and this forum for the help. Well worth the membership.

image.jpgimage.jpg

This might help anyone with the same issue. There is a little tag ( shown in pic ) which will release the fuse holder. It can then be pulled down and out making replacement of fuse easier. IMG_0559.jpeg

Good day all - as a follow up to this thread... are any of the fuses under the seat in a T6.1 (as opposed to a T6) ignition live?

Or do I have to go from the fusebox between the steering column and the headlight switch?

Nope, they're the same there.

The only very slight exception might be if you have OE full towbar and also use VCDS to alter the behaviour of the module, in which case the fridge pin may go on and off without trailer detection.

Nope, they're the same there.

The only very slight exception might be if you have OE full towbar and also use VCDS to alter the behaviour of the module, in which case the fridge pin may go on and off without trailer detection.
OK - well I do have OE full towbar and VCDS so.... tinkering time methinks!!

Any idea of VCDS adaptation(s) required to achieve this (or where I can find on here?)

See my thread here

Can anyone help with a repair cable for this under passenger fuse holder, ideally 1.5mm? I’ve used the search a few times but can only find the 0.5mm version.

Thank you

Can anyone help with a repair cable for this under passenger fuse holder, ideally 1.5mm? I’ve used the search a few times but can only find the 0.5mm version.

Thank you

Thank you though that’s the thread I read. When I copy the part numbers either the cab size is too small or the end is the wrong type.

Some of the links to eBay no longer work either.

Reactions: mmi
I went a different route and kept a look out for alternative VAG vehicle fuseboxes on eBay. Annoyingly many are sold cropped very short but keep looking and you'll find ones that have a reasonable tail.

I got a Passat and a Golf one and a couple of evenings depending got me a collection of connections with 15cm cable tails and some spare relays and OE fuses.

I can then make up additional wires as I need using crimp connectors. Not quite as super neat but...

I was hoping to buy a single repair cable with two ends on so I can cut it in half but can’t find the right part anywhere.

I realise my error now, the crimp that the auto electrician fitted for the Alpine Amp appears to be the wrong one. It wasn’t until I removed the passenger seat this evening that I was able to see inside the fuse holder. I’ve bought a couple of repair cables.

Back