CBE210 & ignition live

camperman1

Hi all fitted CBE 210 kit to my conversion on this system you need a ignition live to turn the system off when the ignition is on, so i linked this to a cable under my passenger seat, light blue with yellow band which gives 12v when ignition is on but its making the relay on the 12v cbe box flicker on and off so i am assuming that its not a constant 12v need to find one at the fuse box any ideas, don't know if this is down to the regenerative system now on the t6 as always connected under the seat and never had a problem

Have you sorted this yet ?
I use the lower dash fusebox for my ignition feeds, centre row of the three is ign circuits

yes mate sorted it, i don't have a problem normally pick it up under the passenger seat all wiring has changed on the T6 euro 6 due to the regenerative braking etc, but thanks anyway, i see the T6 forum shared our demo van pictures thank you ;-)

Im with you know, the pics we shared on facebook last week :thumbsup:

Hi camperman1 - sorry i can see this is a old thread but im just installing the same kit to my van, instructions are rubish but im almost done.
what did you do with the in parallel resister ? did you remove it so not to mess the regen up ? also did you wire up the b2 battery as normal or remove that part ??

Hope that makes sense ? :D

Hope you aren't relying on that unit to split charge an aux battery!

No im trying to disable the split charge part of the system as i have a factory split charge, im just using it as a 240 v charger when needed and water tank probes etc. All it says in the instructions is to remove resistor (a) to take the batteries out of parallel .. i was wondering if thats all that needs to be done to stop it split charging ?? the instructions are rubbish !!

I know this is some time down the line but did you resolve this issue? I'm about to fit the same system and was wondering about the issue of disabling the split charge and ensuring it all works correctly with my B2B system. Also are you happy with the panel? Im going for it purely based on aesthetics.

Yes mate, fitted a few since then you just want a ignition supply if it's a T5 you can pick it up under the passenger seat or I pick it up from behind the fuse box if it's a T6 or behind heater controls don't cut any cables just use a splice clip, cable from B2 from power unit B2 don't bother with B1 with a inline 50amp fuse as close to the leisure Battery as possible, then from your van battery to dc to dc charger to your leisure battery 50 amp fuse as close to vehicle battery As possible, hope that makes sense

Yes mate, fitted a few since then you just want a ignition supply if it's a T5 you can pick it up under the passenger seat or I pick it up from behind the fuse box if it's a T6 or behind heater controls don't cut any cables just use a splice clip, cable from B2 from power unit B2 don't bother with B1 with a inline 50amp fuse as close to the leisure Battery as possible, then from your van battery to dc to dc charger to your leisure battery 50 amp fuse as close to vehicle battery As possible, hope that makes sense
Oh and you want a inline 3 amp fuse close to where you connect your ignition supply power supply end i.e. Back of fuse box or under passenger seat

is there any reason, why you couldn't just piggy back off an ignition supply fuse in the centre fuse box, instead of splicing?

Thanks camperman1. As you've fitted a few I take it you're happy with the functionality. Mine's a T6 so I'll go back to the fuse box of the ignition supply as you suggest. Although I did wonder about the benefits of being able to use the system when the van is running. If the leisure battery starts to get low you could start the van to add some charge while still being able to use the lights etc. I guess to achieve this you would just leave the ignition supply off. Any thoughts on the pro's and con's of this?

Thanks camperman1. As you've fitted a few I take it you're happy with the functionality. Mine's a T6 so I'll go back to the fuse box of the ignition supply as you suggest. Although I did wonder about the benefits of being able to use the system when the van is running. If the leisure battery starts to get low you could start the van to add some charge while still being able to use the lights etc. I guess to achieve this you would just leave the ignition supply off. Any thoughts on the pro's and con's of this?
Not sure on the connection of the ignition supply if you don't connect it, how the system functions, it is a European thing I believe, that everything turns off when the ignition is turned on. So we always wire it to the manufacturers instructions. Obviously the fridge and I few other items will still have power when the vehicle is running, wired as per the manufacturers instructions, obviously only changing the charging element due to the Kinetic Braking.

Typical that Europe is is affecting my conversion!!!
I guess the simple thing is just to connect as per the instructions and live with it. Obviously minus the battery parallel for split charging as my DC to DC will be doing that job.
Thanks for your help.

Back