Red connector plug unit behind glove box

archersam

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Anyone know what the red plug unit is for behind the glovebox?

I want to tap into the switched live black/green at the top of it to trigger a relay under the seat which will give me a few switched live fuses in the existing underseat fusebox. I know I could run a wire from the headlight switch (black yellow?) however this would be shorter and easier. It does not retain any residual current when the ignition is off.

Thanks to the previous posters for the glovebox removal tricks and the need to be quite firm with the upper trim.

I want to use IMG_8663.jpg

The centre column of the fuse box located below the gear change are key switched live. Most people take a piggy back fuse from them.
Yep I already have piggy back installed as a temporary measure for dashcams however personally I consider them alongside scotch locks and wire taps and they don't deserve a place in my van. Yeh I know that sounds snobbish but its just my view and I am aware others have contrasting views.

If I could easily remove the fusebox I could repurpose a few of the empty fuses in their however I haven't found a how to yet for T6.1 and from memory fuseboards are usually quite tight with little tolerance to get to an angle where I can unlock the purple locking tab and insert the spare wires to utilise. Looking at it suggests that option would be a challenge.

That is just a coupling point it's not for any one module. As @DXX says, The safest bet would be either a new fuse in the fuse box or a piggyback fuse.

Back