Catastrophic ECU failure!

Am I entitled to any reports that have been generated with regard to my vehicle? I was told by the first VW van centre that 'looked at it' that they could not release the diagnostic reports.
I'm pretty sure I've been fed a fair share of BS over the last 7 weeks to shut me up....but now things are getting worrying and I'd like the opportunity to share the data with a third party who is independent of VW.
I may need to engage with my insurance company, regarding legal assistance.
I had no expectation that I would need to insure again the warranty, which is effect an insurance policy in itself!

I will await the first feedback call from my 'customer service manager' at VW head office. This will have taken 10 days from the point of escalating the issue and 9 weeks from the first log of the fault with the vehicle.

Do I have unreasonable expectations here, or is this ridiculous shoddy service? I'm feeling the latter.

Am I entitled to any reports that have been generated with regard to my vehicle? I was told by the first VW van centre that 'looked at it' that they could not release the diagnostic reports.
I'm pretty sure I've been fed a fair share of BS over the last 7 weeks to shut me up....but now things are getting worrying and I'd like the opportunity to share the data with a third party who is independent of VW.
I may need to engage with my insurance company, regarding legal assistance.
I had no expectation that I would need to insure again the warranty, which is effect an insurance policy in itself!

I will await the first feedback call from my 'customer service manager' at VW head office. This will have taken 10 days from the point of escalating the issue and 9 weeks from the first log of the fault with the vehicle.

Do I have unreasonable expectations here, or is this ridiculous shoddy service? I'm feeling the latter.
Sounds like awful customer service to me and don’t feel you’re being unreasonable at all. I’d have been escalating things by 2 weeks to be honest as it’s simply not reasonable to have an unusable new vehicle for this period of time or longer. Sounds like a slam dunk warranty job and they either need to fix it promptly, or give you a suitable replacement vehicle whilst they do.

So if it’s got a full conversion, you are being deprived of the ability to use it for its intended purpose due to poor VW service. So after 9 weeks, I’d be asking for a courtesy vehicle which is comparable (I.e. a California) which will bring on the pains I’m sure for VW as they won’t want to do that I suspect. As an alternative, I’d take another vehicle and some goodwill money to compensate you for loss of use of the camper capabilities.

But either way, keep the pressure on them as they have no incentive to get themselves in gear otherwise. A letter from your legal protection cover people might also spur them into action.

I do have a small caddy as a replacement vehicle, but this has only been for the last 2 weeks...and I had to force their hand to get that by turning up at the van centre which is 40 miles from my home address.
As for a replacement, the warranty small print states that they are only liable to replace the base vehicle and not any customised facilities/extras.
I guess that the conversion issue is a common one for them and they’ve written it into the legals.
will be contacting my insurance co for legal advice this week. I’m with comfort and I’ve only heard good things...so fingers crossed with that....

Back