T6.1 ECU problems

Steverich

Hi,
I’d be very interested to know if anyone has had a similar problem with a 2020 T6.1 T32 4 Motion.

17/4/23 the dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree on the M6. Electrics completely wiped out, van wouldn’t start, headlights flashing instead of hazards, central locking activated on back doors etc.

Recovered by AA to VW dealers and diagnosed as a faulty ECU on18/4/23.

Delivery of replacement ECU to dealers predicted as late May, then postponed to late June, and now late August… . VW dealers are apologetic, because the availability of this part is not their fault.

Has anyone else experienced this fault? I know of another T6.1 in a similar predicament.

Van is still under warranty, (until October 2023), but is it reasonable that it should take 4 months (at the moment) to get a replacement ECU?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
Hi,
I’d be very interested to know if anyone has had a similar problem with a 2020 T6.1 T32 4 Motion.

17/4/23 the dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree on the M6. Electrics completely wiped out, van wouldn’t start, headlights flashing instead of hazards, central locking activated on back doors etc.

Delivery of replacement ECU to dealers predicted as late May, then postponed to late June, and now late August… . VW dealers are apologetic, because the availability of this part is not their fault.

Has anyone else experienced this fault? I know of another T6.1 in a similar predicament.

Van is still under warranty, (until October 2023), but is it reasonable that it should take 4 months (at the moment) to get a replacement ECU?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Parts are hugely delayed at the moment, especially electronics. I’ve had to wait months for parts from TPS sometimes.

Hi,

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Hi what was the outcome in the end did it sort the issue

Back