CarPlay on the T6.1: do I need it?

needsmust

Still speccing our first foray into Transporter world and in need of a little reassurance.

I think I can do without the inbuilt satnav and just plug the iPhone in - the 6.1 brochure shows a very Apple-y looking display. Anyone got any experience of this?

Yep. The standard head unit has ‘Apple CarPlay’ and ‘Android auto’. Just plug your phone into the is usbc and you get screen mirroring. I have mine set for ‘Waze’ sat nav

The screen isn’t as big as the sat nav option, but I can live with that for a £1300 saving :thumbsup:. Good luck specking up your new one, keep the questions coming, if you have any more

It has Bluetooth. If your usb isn’t connected, then normal/traditional/previous setup. If connected via usb, then screen mirroring/Siri/voice command. Hope that makes sense:oops:

Carplay is great... no way would I pay any extra for the VW sat nav... Why when I've got Waze / google maps etc that just pop up on the phone.. Not fussed by wireless as driving time is always phone charging time.

Still speccing our first foray into Transporter world and in need of a little reassurance.

I think I can do without the inbuilt satnav and just plug the iPhone in - the 6.1 brochure shows a very Apple-y looking display. Anyone got any experience of this?
May depend on phone. Although not Apple, I am Sick of trying to get my Samsung Note 9 to connect.

Yes. I’ve got the basic head unit. Comes with Dan and app connect. Plug your iPhone in via the new type usbc cable and bingo. CarPlay. All very good. Voice reply to what’s app messages etc. All your apps available. Comes as standard

Just bought a used t 6.1. Can anyone tell me how I get Google maps from my mobile onto the 6 inch screen. Is it by the usb connection. Many thanks. Chris

Yep. It’s a usb-c lead that you need. Then you’ll have apple car play or android auto on the screen, via the ‘APP’ button

Back