T6.1 headunit USB-C

Wheel Man

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been asked thousand times before. I have the standard head unit in my VW T6 .1 and can't work out why I can't get my music to play via Bluetooth? My contacts appear since pairing the phone with the van, but no music! Is it because I use Spotify?

Also, do I need a Lightening to USB-C Cable to connect my iPhone 13 to the head unit in order to use satnav etc?

Sorry for all the questions, but I had an 18-year-old Mercedes Vito before this, so T6.1 is very different!

Hi, have you pressed the media button on the head unit to play via Bluetooth?

Lightning to USB C is the cable you need for carplay, then use either socket next to the cupholder

Hi, have you pressed the media button on the head unit to play via Bluetooth?

Lightning to USB C is the cable you need for carplay, then use either socket next to the cupholder
Thanks for your reply.

I think I did, but I will try that again. Would it have anything to do with the fact I use Spotify not Apple Music?

It shouldn't do, I play through Spotify on Bluetooth on my android phone. My wife has an apple and that plays fine too although I think we've only ever used hers when it's plugged in and carplay is running.

When you press media, it comes up with a new screen and there'll be a source option on there, you'll need to make sure that Bluetooth is selected.

I use carplay most of the time as it’s so easy to use but Spotify works fine on Bluetooth. If you use carplay I would recommend using a genuine apple lead- although they are stupid money I had problems when I tried to use a cheap lead.

It shouldn't do, I play through Spotify on Bluetooth on my android phone. My wife has an apple and that plays fine too although I think we've only ever used hers when it's plugged in and carplay is running.

When you press media, it comes up with a new screen and there'll be a source option on there, you'll need to make sure that Bluetooth is selected.
Thank you so much.

I use carplay most of the time as it’s so easy to use but Spotify works fine on Bluetooth. If you use carplay I would recommend using a genuine apple lead- although they are stupid money I had problems when I tried to use a cheap lead.
Thank you. I did order a genuine Apple cable yesterday which arrived this morning, so I'll be having a play in the while.

Back