Carista tweaks

mm, that could be it. Almost sure that was set to NO by 'default'.

I have the Carista but not used it. I got the dealer to this for me it took two times. First time an apprentice and it didn't stick. The 2nd tech said it was set but it didn't work. He took it off and re-set it and it has worked from then on.

Happy to check what mine is currently set to but it would have to be tomorrow ;-)

Sometimes the vehicle needs to 'sleep' before settings stick, try leaving it for an hour see if there's any change

I got the Carista app , have to say it worked a treat very easy. If only all mods were this straight forward

Reactions: Rob
Ordered a Carista module on Friday from Amazon and it arrived today. Have to say it was incredibly simple to use and make some changes BUT then I went and ran the diagnostic and it's flagged up 4 Faults ( sometimes ignorance is bliss). Does anyone have any idea what any of these faults mean?

ABS - 00128 Control lamp for telephone connection front seat passenger side (K178)

Central Electronics - 00532 Supply voltage B+
Central Electronics - 00446 Function Limitation due to Under-Voltage

Battery Regulator - 02256 Quiescent Current

Any help or thoughts appreciated

Guessing you have had a towbar retro fitted ??
If so clear them all and check again in a week or two to see if any come back

Plugged mine in today when I had a spare 5 minutes, came up ABS fault as well, didn't delve any further didn't have time.

Guessing you have had a towbar retro fitted ??
If so clear them all and check again in a week or two to see if any come back
Nope, no tow bar @Pauly. I haven't done any work on any other electrics since having the van. Weird. It's back at the dealers in a couple of weeks so I'll add it to the list.

Might have been a low battery looking at the faults, or charging issue?:thumbsdown::thumbsup::whistle::whistle:
Abs is a question, not sure why it mentions telephone connection, last telegram I had to send my brakes was on my defender.. :D:D

Quiescent current is the same as a parasitic current draw, something is discharging the battery, can even be down to the alternator, or maybe alarm or interior light? :thumbsdown::thumbsup::whistle::whistle: Google "alternator Quiescent current " :thumbsdown:

In the past, I have seen the low voltage fault recorded many times on our Touareg, it can happen during cold cranking when the battery is lowish and the starter pulls the battery low, generally nothing to worry about.

I get the current one of mine if electrics connected to towbar with ignition off

If you are running on low voltage it could be affecting you lights . Do you have h4s . The voltage should go up when the lights go on

Last edited:
Good point @keef, was thinking same, might be worth H4 owners investigating the voltage separately as will with the old style voltmeter:D:thumbsdown::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you are running on low voltage it could be affecting you lights . Do you have h4s . The voltage should go up when the lights go on
That is an excellent point @Keeff - the lights are being investigated by the dealer in a couple of weeks so I will ask them to check

I have the Carista, but I can't get the home lights to operate? Selected on but can't get the lights to come on after headlight flick. No auto lights. Is there a best time to flick the lights?

Eventually got around to changing mine today. I maybe wrong but I set the region to Europe/Other and it seems to have given me the large MPH display but no need to change the units back to UK. I have been fiddling around with it so this could be tosh.

Added the tear wipe and quick flash to four instead of three, added the refuel to the MFD, not sure if this does anything, anyone know?.

..me..

Just
Eventually got around to changing mine today. I maybe wrong but I set the region to Europe/Other and it seems to have given me the large MPH display but no need to change the units back to UK. I have been fiddling around with it so this could be tosh.

Added the tear wipe and quick flash to four instead of three, added the refuel to the MFD, not sure if this does anything, anyone know?.

..me..
Tells you the amount of fuel required on next fill.....

Changing the country code seems a bit random on the units

I have done a few now and sometimes it goes to kph and other times its goes to mph, all set to Australia

Changing the country code seems a bit random on the units

I have done a few now and sometimes it goes to kph and other times its goes to mph, all set to Australia

Glad you posted this, I thought it was just me going loopy :fast rofl:

Kev

Back