Caravelle Suspension - Anyone running something über comfortable in the West Midlands?

RT76

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Had my Caravelle for a few years now and, I guess as a result of the Pandemic et al, I’ve not driven it as much as I used to.

Since August last year, the majority of the miles I cover are in the other car, which is a bog standard BMW 330e. Getting into the van after driving the BMW reminds me just how much I hate the suspension and ride in it!

I’m set for a trip to Ireland soon and would like to look at making the Velle a more pleasant place to be, so am keen to know if there is anyone in the West Midlands who has a Velle or Camper that is just really nice to drive, and what their suspension setup is?

Cheers!

Rich

Had my Caravelle for a few years now and, I guess as a result of the Pandemic et al, I’ve not driven it as much as I used to.

Since August last year, the majority of the miles I cover are in the other car, which is a bog standard BMW 330e. Getting into the van after driving the BMW reminds me just how much I hate the suspension and ride in it!

I’m set for a trip to Ireland soon and would like to look at making the Velle a more pleasant place to be, so am keen to know if there is anyone in the West Midlands who has a Velle or Camper that is just really nice to drive, and what their suspension setup is?

Cheers!

Rich
@Eli ?

Having sold my T6.1 Caravelle and bought a T6 Cali Beach with DCC which is currently lowered 55mm, @CRS Performance kindly removed the suspension and the front and rear ARB's from the Caravelle with less than 1000 miles on and has kindly endorsed my listing and said he will also offer full back up and warranty on whoever purchases it, further more he has also said that if someone is looking for a T6 ARB's (which isn't as thick as the T6.1), he will restock the T6.1 and exchange for a T6 ARB. Outstanding service from CRS as usual

So that said I am looking for £1000 for the HR / Koni's and £450 for the T6.1 Front and Rear ARB's.

CRS are kindly storing the suspension and ARB's at the workshop in Cannock so by all means speak to Steve, grab yourselves a bargain and a brew ( also made by Steve if you ask him nicely )
@RT76 these are for sale, 1000 miles young…
Speak to Steve @CRS Performance from Cannock

Cheers!

Rich
Hi Rich
My last 3 Caravelle’s usually change the suspension within the first couple of weeks. I have always go to Steve @CRS Performance as he knows his stuff. Steve has just removed them from my last Caravelle as I have go to a California beach

I’ve got a message in with Steve, so hopefully he’ll get back to me.

I’ve got Koni Active dampers, but am on VW lowering springs (Eibachs I believe) but there is still a lack of control at either end of the travel, which is just horrible.

The BMW is ‘jiggly’ because of a firm ride, but never crashes against the stops or feels like the wheels are about to fall off!

I’ve got Koni Active dampers, but am on VW lowering springs (Eibachs I believe) but there is still a lack of control at either end of the travel, which is just horrible.

The BMW is ‘jiggly’ because of a firm ride, but never crashes against the stops or feels like the wheels are about to fall off!
Hi there. If the eibach springs are lower than 40 mm. The special active can’t work well. , please measure the van for me , we won’t sell eibach so assume you had them fitted else where . ?. Send all the details so we can get that working properly. Becuase the special active is. Streets ahead in technology and by far the best shock you can buy. , just limited on drop as it needs travel when the special active valves kick in

412A35DE-0EEE-4E72-A7E8-CAB9FC9E65BE.jpeg

Did you e mail me. Or leave a phone message. I am way behind on e mails. But will get to it. Hopefully today

Back