Caravelle Rear Blowers Not Working

WhiskyDisco

Hi there. I wonder if anyone knows the location of the fuse for the rear air conditioning roof blowers? They don't work and I'm wondering if the fuse has blown. To be honest I don't recall them ever working, but now that we are on our tour of Croatia we need them to.

Also, the manual talks about using the fuse tweezers, but where are these located?

Cheers Stuart

I have rear air con in my Kombi and for the rear roof blowers to blow cold air out i have to have the dial set to full cold, then it blows cold air out the roof vents. I dont no if yours is the same as it is posher than mine. As for the tweezers for removing fuses is just at the side of the fuses in the lower fuse box in the cab, if you take a look in the downloads section you will find locations etc...

I have rear air con in my Kombi and for the rear roof blowers to blow cold air out i have to have the dial set to full cold, then it blows cold air out the roof vents. I dont no if yours is the same as it is posher than mine. As for the tweezers for removing fuses is just at the side of the fuses in the lower fuse box in the cab, if you take a look in the downloads section you will find locations etc...

Hi, the temp has been set to LOW for the whole trip. Outside temp of 38 degrees. I tried the download section but I think I have to upgrade my forum membership to download.

I'm on the road so didn't go ahead with this.

Regards the lower fuse box, is this the one behind the water bottle holder? I pulled this forward to take a look. The fuses don't appear to be numbered, so I guess a map is needed.

If its like ours its just blowers in the back. No aircon. Have you pressed the 'rear' button on the center console. Has the lighr illuminated on the button.

Yes, I was using the 'rest' control from the front, and also trying the controls in the back. The vents just don't let any air out at all. The side vents, over the windows work, but not the roof vents.

Have you pressed the "rear" button and then dial the temperature in to say 16C, you have to be quick, as after a few seconds the "rear" automatically reverts

Good Day

I have a similar issue with the roof vents on my 2018 T6. I enegage rear/roof vents via a button on the front dash. Rear passengers are then able to change the temp, fan speed and where the air blows from, ie either the roof vents or side footwell vents.

The ability to switch (Buttons below) from footwell to roof vents suddenly stopped working. I also suspect a fuse to have blown somewhere, but have no idea where to start looking?!

Any ideas?
roof controls.jpg

Don’t think there is a fuse. It’s more likely the rear motor flap is stack. Have a look and while you look at the motor ask someone to change lever position.

Back