Cantera - Dynamic Centre Caps?

Veedubd

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, i have bagged myself a set of Canterras which are currently getting powdercoated in satin black, i also have a set of the VW dynamic centre caps but they are too small to clip into the wheel, has anybody come up with a solution to this? im thinking a small 3D printed reducer maybe pushed in from rear using the taper of the centre bore then clip the cap into that from the front? has anyone made anything? i havent got a 3D printer hence the question/suggestion :thumbsup:

I did on my Inovit alloys.

I took the current/original centre cap, dremeled the centre out until the dynamic cap snapped into it then snapped the original centre cap back in place.

I also used epoxy to glue the dynamic centre cap to the original centre cap to be certain it won’t come loose.

Works a treat.

Link below of them working

Dynamic VW centre in full spin

7E42124D-C89E-4F99-8383-688B45FDCF09.jpeg

I did on my Inovit alloys.

I took the current/original centre cap, dremeled the centre out until the dynamic cap snapped into it then snapped the original centre cap back in place.

I also used epoxy to glue the dynamic centre cap to the original centre cap to be certain it won’t come loose.

Works a treat.

Link below of them working

Dynamic VW centre in full spin

View attachment 169136

Clearly not working in this picture :whistle:

What I can’t get my head round if, if they are made for VW wheels, why aren’t they made the correct size? o_O
Probably because they don't consider there to me much of a market for them for Amaroks, which are a different size. I found this out when I tried to fit the centre caps from my Cascavels to my Canteras

It looks as if there is around a 2mm difference overall, thanks @Texxaco I have actually trialled something similar but involved removing the lugs of the dynamic caps which im reluctant to do as they are too expensive to bugger up :whistle:
I do think that maybe a 3D printed reducer maybe the way forward and im sure a few people would be interested lol,

Have you tried wrapping insulation tape around the lugs so they'll wedge in?

@dubber36 No I havent to be fair, I had thought maybe to add some epoxy to each of the lugs then file back to 'add' some material and increase the width, im waiting to get the wheels back atm from powdercoating so unable to proceed with anything - it would be nice if the coating was a lot thicker and reduced the hole diameter for me :think smile bounce: cant see being that lucky though lol

@dubber36 No I havent to be fair, I had thought maybe to add some epoxy to each of the lugs then file back to 'add' some material and increase the width, im waiting to get the wheels back atm from powdercoating so unable to proceed with anything - it would be nice if the coating was a lot thicker and reduced the hole diameter for me :think smile bounce: cant see being that lucky though lol
The only downside to gluing them in is when you come to replace the tyres as the centres need to be removed to balance the wheels.

The only downside to gluing them in is when you come to replace the tyres as the centres need to be removed to balance the wheels.
@Texxaco I meant to add the epoxy to the lugs of the caps to increase the thickness of the tabs then file flat not actually glue them into the wheels :thumbsup:

@Texxaco I meant to add the epoxy to the lugs of the caps to increase the thickness of the tabs then file flat not actually glue them into the wheels :thumbsup:
Perfect, should work a treat

Links fine - I was referring to the pic where the VW emblem is upside down on dynamic centres :slow rofl:
Sh that one, took while the centre was spinning.

Back