Can Tpms Be Enabled On A Panel Van With Carista Or Is Vcds Needed?

Shaun Witts

Ski Bus
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’ve just collected my Highline 204 TSI panel van and am preparing a list of what Carista can do for me. The list is as follows, but can it enable the TPMS as well or can this only be done with VCDS?

Tear drop wiper sweep
5 instead of 3 indicator flashes
Drive away locking
DRL wink option
1 remote click only operates drivers door lock
Rear brake lights and hazard light flash on emergency braking

(I already have the needle sweep).

If the beta can do it (have t tried it myself yet) then this should move through to the regular version when it gets updated

Has anyone tried the beta version of Carista in enabling TPMS on a panel van? Is it worth me signing up as a Beta tester?

Ta

Do all the wheels have pressure sensors? My van came with aftermarket wheels so I don't think there are sensors in them.

Or is the VW system really old fashion and just looks for a sudden increase in the wheel speed due to reduced rolling diameter?

It’s based on rolling diameter, according to the ABS wheel sensors. You adjust the pressures, and reset, and the sensors look at any changes in rolling diameter.

I didn't see it in the current carista list.....

So it's VCDS for now.

Hi Shaun, As of today that feature is still in Beta. Our tech team lead says it works on some, but not all - so still in testing.
Hi @Don Carista ,
Could you add a tweak from the thread Lighting Madness on top of your TO-DO list. I'm sure @walnuts will be more than happy to evaluate it for you ;).
And, welcome to the Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do all the wheels have pressure sensors? My van came with aftermarket wheels so I don't think there are sensors in them.

Or is the VW system really old fashion and just looks for a sudden increase in the wheel speed due to reduced rolling diameter?
It's the other way round really, the old fashioned way of doing it was with pressure sensors and they just didn't work, were expensive to produce and caused a lot of unnecessary hassle for dealers so pretty much everyone has now moved on to using the ABS sensors, much more reliable.

Back