Camping trips cancelled

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Well after reading the main stream media this morning , it looks like our easter trip , may bank holiday and spring bank trip will probably be cancelled. Fingers crossed we still get to go to Padstow in July .

Same here, we cancelled 3 last year and rescheduled them for this year and now we’re going to have to reschedule again.

Really pissed off with lockdown right now, I’m usually mentally a strong person but I’ve literally had just about enough of the current lockdown.

Same here, we cancelled 3 last year and rescheduled them for this year and now we’re going to have to reschedule again.

Really pissed off with lockdown right now, I’m usually mentally a strong person but I’ve literally had just about enough of the current lockdown.
Its really, really shit isn`t it.
I am lucky enough to still be going out to work everyday, otherwise I think I would have lost it by now.

I feel your pain, always felt like the strong one in my circle of friends. But my job has me travelling all over Europe and whilst I am still working haven't left home for work since last March. I just need to get out it's crazy, all of my friends and family can still go to work (Physically) so interact with people every day. I get a few phone calls and some video meetings. I'm lucky, I've worked through all the way but I do this jobs because staying in the office / at home drives me mad.

I can count the people I have spoken to in person on both hands...

Looks like Easter is screwed, but fingers crossed for late April / May. The one ray of light is that we could camp when we weren't allowed overnight stays in people houses before, and the only info we have at the minute is sanitised (enflamed / twisted) by the press.

i think Easter was always going to be a no no after the post Christmas spike in January...

obviously details are sketchy atm but hopefully the 'slowly slowly' approach they seem to be taking this time will mean a more controlled and consistent exit...

i'm also with you chaps that this time is ALOT harder. fingers are very firmly crossed...

Yup....there is light.....at the end of the tunnel, and more in the evenings too now!
Spring is on its way.....the snow has all gone....heating turned down...birds are singing....its all looking up from my point t of view...especially as VW have just sanctioned my gearbox repair under warranty!!

Depends on whether they expect units to have their own toilet facilities from 12th April.
Watching this one closely as we have a site booked from 16th April.

Pete

The extract below is from the detailed document accompanying today’s announcement. It is from the 12th April section.
It seems to effectively state that campsite shower/toilet blocks can not be open.

Pete

FCAF157E-6489-474B-974F-021726F748A1.png

Well after reading the main stream media this morning , it looks like our easter trip , may bank holiday and spring bank trip will probably be cancelled. Fingers crossed we still get to go to Padstow in July .
We are booked in to Padstow in end July to end August from last year... fingers crossed

The extract below is from the detailed document accompanying today’s announcement. It is from the 12th April section.
It seems to effectively state that campsite shower/toilet blocks can not be open.

Pete

View attachment 105138

I'm not convinced that is a reference to camp sites.

This has been the problem from day 1. The Government make announcements that are sometimes confusing or difficult to understand, followed by these guidelines that don't really clear up the confusion.

While there's no way I want to sound like one of Trumps red capped warriors the right to bare arms and legs is enshrined in the Caravan and Camping Club rule book.
I've said before that there's no way I'll use wet wipes but the wife can operate the Karcher well enough to avoid an involuntary colonic so as far as we're concerned unless the site is barricaded we're camping at Malvern in May... hopefully:geek:

Pete

View attachment 105138
So would rule apply to all the other areas openning up? So basically there will be no toilet facilities anywhere that is open from 12th April?

Pete

View attachment 105138
Wasn't this the case in a previous lockdown? I thought that some campsites opened as long as you had your own facilities?

Pete

View attachment 105138
I'm with @Tourershine ... major campsites e.g Searle at Hunstanton are planning to open from 12th April. I have spoken to them and they have updated their website. Also a site in Kent confirmed the same.

Back