Camping trips cancelled

Just to share fyi. We have booked Campsite lastjughtand theyhave alreadyconfirmed they plan to Open from 12th ... and are now taking bookings.
Even though they told us no facilities, they were open. We took a portaloo just in case, though never needed it. Have faith we will have a summer as long as we're all sensible. Cheers Paul

Just to share fyi. We have booked Campsite lastjughtand theyhave alreadyconfirmed they plan to Open from 12th ... and are now taking bookings.
Even though they told us no facilities, they were open. We took a portaloo just in case, though never needed it. Have faith we will have a summer as long as we're all sensible. Cheers Paul
I dont understand why no facilites? After lockdown 1 we went to 6 or 7 sites and all had full facilities open but obviously with covid safety measures in place.

I dont understand why no facilites? After lockdown 1 we went to 6 or 7 sites and all had full facilities open but obviously with covid safety measures in place.
Were expecting to be Open on 19th April.
As I said were told No, but arrived and showed and toilet fully opened and closed every 4 hours for deep clean etc. Staysafeall.

Not for the first time I’m confused. Had our April 16th booking cancelled In the Lake District. Has anyone worked out when showers are allowed in campsites? Wasn’t even given the option to go but not wash

i think i'll be ordering a porta potti... got little ones too, so i see it coming in handy anyway
No brainier with kids! Unfortunately, it is novel and fun for them which results in more frequent pleading that they urgently need to go....immediately....right now....only to park their backside on it and admire the view!

No wonder I'm going bald and eating my own bogies, you can only put up with so much finding things to do around the house before you start unravelling.
Anyway back on topic and last year we went from locked down in March to our first campsite with full shower block etc. at the start of August... I'm hoping against hope that this year as we all know the ropes and
that this will translate to our first trip at the start of May actually happening.

Not for the first time I’m confused. Had our April 16th booking cancelled In the Lake District. Has anyone worked out when showers are allowed in campsites? Wasn’t even given the option to go but not wash
Which site ?

I am not surprised @MarkGo We were told you must have a loo.... sorry to hear that ... does not make sense.
Did they just cancel today ?

Spent today unwinding a trip to Scotland - Orchy, Hebrides, Skye, Cairngorms - they all - bar one - offered me new dates starting from 12th April but then Sturgeon did her 'do my one thing' thing so had to completely unwind the trip - really, really hacked off

I have just cancelled our may day bank holiday break as the site has confirmed that their shower facilities wont re-open until 17th may (step 3 of the government plan). I have also spoken to the site where we are staying for the spring bank holiday and they also said they will be opening their facilities on 17th may . So we're gutted about missing easter and may day but at least we can enjoy the spring bsnk holiday.

I am not surprised @MarkGo We were told you must have a loo.... sorry to hear that ... does not make sense.
Did they just cancel today ?
Yes just this afternoon. It was National Trust in Great Langdale. Lynx and wet wipes have got me through a few lockdowns to be honest but it was going to be my 4yr olds first trip and she’s not ready for be sprayed with Lynx Africa just yet.

Submariners shower schedule works, if nobody showers you can’t smell anything, otherwise once a month whether you need it or not.
And if you all eat garlic no one smells of garlic!

Back