Camping trips cancelled

Yes just this afternoon. It was National Trust in Great Langdale. Lynx and wet wipes have got me through a few lockdowns to be honest but it was going to be my 4yr olds first trip and she’s not ready for be sprayed with Lynx Africa just yet.
That is a real pity. Plenty of others will be open ... find something close by and doable dayvisit?

Caravan and Motorhome Club have posted a site opening update today:

Warning - their site is a bit slow sometimes probably due to volume of people on it.

Pete

Yes just this afternoon. It was National Trust in Great Langdale. Lynx and wet wipes have got me through a few lockdowns to be honest but it was going to be my 4yr olds first trip and she’s not ready for be sprayed with Lynx Africa just yet.
When I was 4 I had a bath once a week, still survived.

Caravan and Motorhome Club have posted a site opening update today:

Warning - their site is a bit slow sometimes probably due to volume of people on it.

Pete
Thanks for the share. @Pete C

Looks like the planned (for 2020!) trip to France for the summer won’t be happening in 2021 either :mad:
We decided to stay in the Uk last year and it turned out we could of gone to France as planned, this year when everyone was going mental booking sites in the Uk we thought we’d stick to our guns and travel round France but the reports in the bbc make it seem that that was the wrong decision again!

We cancelled our trip to France last year - campsite and ferry allowed us to defer to this year. Others who go at the same time as us went though and enjoyed themselves. SWMBO ruled out going this year so I reckon I can kiss goodbye to my campsite and ferry deposits. To be honest, I don’t think we will be travelling to the continent for a couple of years yet - they are way behind the curve on addressing the issues and who knows what the “new normal” is going to be like.

Reactions: DXX
We cancelled our trip to France last year - campsite and ferry allowed us to defer to this year. Others who go at the same time as us went though and enjoyed themselves. SWMBO ruled out going this year so I reckon I can kiss goodbye to my campsite and ferry deposits. To be honest, I don’t think we will be travelling to the continent for a couple of years yet - they are way behind the curve on addressing the issues and who knows what the “new normal” is going to be like.
We too had planned a French road trip for this year but not going to happen now. Hope your wrong and the EU sort out the mess they have created and we can get over the channel next summer.

We too had planned a French road trip for this year but not going to happen now. Hope your wrong and the EU sort out the mess they have created and we can get over the channel next summer.
How do you know you cant go this summer, if you want too ?
At the moment I agree its uncertain, but could still be possible

We are off work from 22nd May this year so not a chance as it stands.
I see. Things are changing so quickly at the moment though.
If you have set dates, and have to plan, then I totally get it.
I am hopeful by the time summer comes there will be changes, but obviously that gives no time for planning.

Thing is who's going to welcome someone back into the UK after they've toured the Covid third wave countries?Plus spend your money here in dear old blighty, sod Europe they don't like us anyway.:whistle:
Absolutely - the best way to restart our economy is to start circulating our dosh here! We have a fortnight in Cornwall planned and have every intention of using the restaurants and amenities - if we are allowed out to play again. I don’t care if the weather is pants - we will make the best of it. And, the money we would have spent abroad will be spent at home!

Absolutely - the best way to restart our economy is to start circulating our dosh here! We have a fortnight in Cornwall planned and have every intention of using the restaurants and amenities - if we are allowed out to play again. I don’t care if the weather is pants - we will make the best of it. And, the money we would have spent abroad will be spent at home!
We are the same we have 3 weeks booked in the South West. Only difference is we are praying the weather is decent :)

Thing is who's going to welcome someone back into the UK after they've toured the Covid third wave countries?Plus spend your money here in dear old blighty, sod Europe they don't like us anyway.:whistle:
Personally, i`m not bothered if people welcome me back or not. Last year we travelled in lockdown and it was one of the best ever. Most places deserted, and hotels & restaurants so pleased to see you and get some monies in.
My thoughts are the Uk will be manic this summer, and I pretty much hate that.

I was pointing out that coming back with yet another variant of Covid after visiting Europe was not going to make you popular here... the rest of the post was a jingoistic hope to rebuild the UK economy first.:thumbsup:

I was pointing out that coming back with yet another variant of Covid after visiting Europe was not going to make you popular here... the rest of the post was a jingoistic hope to rebuild the UK economy first.:thumbsup:
I was pointing out, im not too bothered ;)

We are the same we have 3 weeks booked in the South West. Only difference is we are praying the weather is decent :)
Well, yes, we would prefer decent weather but we have no control over that!!! However, we intend to made the best of it, whatever the weather!

Caravan and Motorhome Club have confirmed that their Welsh campsites will not be opening toilet and shower blocks when they open on 27th March. Still no news on when these sites will open to the non Welsh.

Pete

I noticed while looking for sites in the Uk (France being almost certainly a no go for 2021!) that they were saying that some facilities will not be opening in 2021 at all regardless of rules hopefully being abolished in June. Mostly communal indoor stuff but I did naively think that by the summer everything should be open

Back