Camping in France

Arrived at second the French campsite. La Valley in Deauville on the mouth of the Seine.
Looks like more your traditional campsite, from the limited experience as a child of the 70s staying in campsites and statics at Filey. One hour from arrival to fully setup and off to the pool. It's got more grass, slightly smaller pitch and less tree cover, better for charging my leisure battery.

Update.

So the usual bread list applies, you need to put your name down on a list with your requirements for bread, pain su chocolate etc, the night before, or there is very little left come 09:30.
The toilets are clean as are the showers. They are not unisex as in Huttopia but split between the sexes.

THERE IS NO TOILET PAPER, in the stalls, you supply your own.

The outside pool is geared towards young children as it is shallow and mainly slides and flumes. There is stiff competition for the chairs and sun loungers!

The showers work on a wireless token you receive on entry to the site. I had to queue at the reception (opens at 9am) to find that out. My other half hadn't told me.

There are two security guards on the gate at night, so not sure how salubrious the local population are.

On the way into La Treuville is a large Carrefour where they sell everything you could think of. Honestly it's HUGE!!

Deauville is VERY pretty but quite 'exclusuve' we saw three Lamborghini a Rolls, an Aston Martin, a Ferrari and lots of Porche! Last image is the architecture, showing the style of buildings.

IMG_20220715_165441.jpg

IMG_20220715_165455.jpg
IMG_20220715_204845.jpg

Last edited:
Arrived at second the French campsite. La Valley in Deauville on the mouth of the Seine.
Looks like more your traditional campsite, from the limited experience as a child of the 70s staying in campsites and statics at Filey. One hour from arrival to fully setup and off to the pool. It's got more grass, slightly smaller pitch and less tree cover, better for charging my leisure battery.

Update.

So the usual bread list applies, you need to put your name down on a list with your requirements for bread, pain su chocolate etc, the night before, or there is very little left come 09:30.
The toilets are clean as are the showers. They are not unisex as in Huttopia but split between the sexes.

THERE IS NO TOILET PAPER, in the stalls, you supply your own.

The outside pool is geared towards young children as it is shallow and mainly slides and flumes. There is stiff competition for the chairs and sun loungers!

The showers work on a wireless token you receive on entry to the site. I had to queue at the reception (opens at 9am) to find that out. My other half hadn't told me.

There are two security guards on the gate at night, so not sure how salubrious the local population are.

On the way into La Treuville is a large Carrefour where they sell everything you could think of. Honestly it's HUGE!!

Deauville is VERY pretty but quite 'exclusuve' we saw three Lamborghini a Rolls, an Aston Martin, a Ferrari and lots of Porche! Last image is the architecture, showing the style of buildings.

View attachment 165097

View attachment 165098
View attachment 165191
How much per night?

How much per night?
Deauville La Valley Campsite.

We booked 3 nights initially but extended to four with a few days to go. It was £202 for the first three nights and an extra £59 for the last night.

In general the La Valley camping at Deauville is good. There is a little bit of a Kiss Me Quick/Haven feel to it, but if you get a pitch away from the loud nightly outside entertainment you will be fine. There are pitches for campers and tents with hookups in the first couple of hundred metres with statics on the outside edges. The pitches have 5ft high hedges for privacy.

The toilets and showers are clean and work well. You get a key fob to access the barrier and work the showers. Toilet Roll is not supplied, BYO. There is a railway line to the northern edge but honestly there are very few trains. The far East of the site is open and feels slightly remote, but has good toilet access and some hookups. It has an open field feel to it. But there is a large fishing lake to the NE of the open field, which could be a breeding ground for mosquitos.

There is a good mix of French, Dutch, Belgian and German campers, mostly in campers and Decathlon tents. There are lots of children and teens so some noise is to be expected.

There is a nice outdoor pool with flumes and slides. It has a shallow entrance suitable for the youngest campers. There is also an indoor pool which has shallow areas and deeper areas more suited to adult swimmers.

The campsite is clean and wel kept. There is security on during the night and access by vehicle is from 07:00 to 00:00.

Deauville and Trouville are a ten min drive away. Deauville has an opulent feel to it, with less shops and restaurants. Those restaurants in Deauville appear slightly more expensive and wish to be exclusive. Trouville is more popular and has a nicer feel. There is parking on the front at Deauville but we found spaces at a premium.

Dave C

Yes. My wife booked it and went for the best she could find.

I'm sure there are cheaper campsites but they may not have the same facilities.

@DaveCrampton. £67 a night for a French campsite? Did I read that right or do my sums wrong?
Deauville/Trouville/Honfleur are probably the most expensive holiday areas after the Côte d’Azur. It’s where Parisiens got to party for the weekend. It’s the French equivalent of Rock/Padstow. Drive another hour west onto the Cherbourg peninsula north of Bayeux and it’s a different world and much nicer IMHO.

Has anyone got any advice for camping in France

I’m wondering if their electric hook up is man enough for my domestic fridge, small heater tv etc? One thinks it may not be up to it

Just thought I’d ask the experts and see their opinions

Cheers

I can't comment on the output capacity but the two we stayed in, in July, Huttopia and Camping La Deauville Valley, had the blue ABB plugs. I had been advised to buy a euro to ABB adapter incase any sites only had the European consumer output sockets. Also on this subject, we were advised that some campsites may wire their two pin sockets the wrong way round, so you'd have to rotate the plug in the socket.

We ran a three way fridge and a battery charger with no issues.

Has anyone got any advice for camping in France

I’m wondering if their electric hook up is man enough for my domestic fridge, small heater tv etc? One thinks it may not be up to it

Just thought I’d ask the experts and see their opinions

Cheers
A lot of sites we used offered fridge rental and they were full size domestic fridges. We never bothered with one but they were running on 6amp EHU. We're not big EHU users but never had any issues boiling a kettle and running a small air fryer. Sites were a mix of euro blue plug and two pin plugs so make sure you take adapters with you.

Back