Camping Ideas and Tips

Dunno if this has already been covered, but one of the best things we’ve bought is a £20 Aldi electric blanket. We use our van all year round & getting into a warm bed when it’s -20C outside is heaven. It only draws 130W so can run on even the lowest EHU limits (some of the winter Alpine EHU are only 3A)
Probably the best £20 we’ve spent, van wise.
We have the same thing , utterly ace

We tried a few folding steps, but I was always wary of them, not very stable.

These steel caravan steps are excellent and very stable, if you have room to store them during travel.

But as strong as they are, they do eventually bow, which means they collect water overnight. I end up having to kneel in the sliding door entrance and tip it off before I exit the van.

So today I did what I have been threatening to do for ages, and drilled some drain holes.

DSC_5626.JPG

Having done that, I've realised that I have now allowed water to get between the rubber surface and the step. It will probably spray all over me when Mrs CAB steps on it
:uh run:

These steel caravan steps are excellent and very stable, if you have room to store them during travel.

But as strong as they are, they do eventually bow, which means they collect water overnight. I end up having to kneel in the sliding door entrance and tip it off before I exit the van.

So today I did what I have been threatening to do for ages, and drilled some drain holes.

View attachment 181655

Having done that, I've realised that I have now allowed water to get between the rubber surface and the step. It will probably spray all over me when Mrs CAB steps on it
We have one of these ….no drainage problems and fairly sturdy!

Reactions: CAB

View attachment 181655

We love Royal kit, it's all normaly top quality.

Isabella kit too......

Reactions: CAB
Have you got a power pack for the heated jacket? The missus has been searching for one..any links would be appreciated

Edit: she’s found one just waiting to buy it on payday. Shows how much she talks to me hahah

I've been looking at the Makita 18v heated jacket / body warmer.

Not sure which way to go yet.

But it's warming up from today..... So that's good.

I might have another look in Jan if it gets cold again.

I've been looking at the Makita 18v heated jacket / body warmer.

Not sure which way to go yet.

But it's warming up from today..... So that's good.

I might have another look in Jan if it gets cold again.
Yeah not needed for a few weeks at least

We have this for inflating the sofa and the kayak and it saves a lot of light headedness when encouraging the fire to get going.View attachment 157966Today we discovered that the new washable Marvel mat from Dunelm was a fluff factory and needs to be returned asap. But we needed to eliminate the existing fluff!

TaDa! Tie/band a sock on the blower end and it’s a very effective vacuum cleaner!
View attachment 157968
So its finally happened . . .

we`ve add a Makita 18v Leaf blower to our collection.

so what's that got to do a T6 and camping?

well,

as it turns out these are handy little devices. .

they can be used "very effectively" to blow off and dry the van after washing leaving no water spots and no need to towel dry. (including the water that gets trapped in the door shuts and handles)

the detailers are even using them now !!.

but with a stubby front attachment . .

( this one is some 3d printed thing, there are guys selling them in the USA with silicone rubber rings over the end, so any contact with the hose and car body wont leave a mark)

1672485350231.png

what about camping . . . . ?

well they are great for blowing out the dust, grass and campsite kack from the van, tent or awning.

they are also great for blowing off any water, moisture, due off the tent / awning when its time to pack away.

like that time when you have to fold up the ground sheet and its wet on the bottom!

or dew off to awning.

here is ours:

1672485583261.png1672485775823.png1672486195823.png

+++

they also good for blowing leaves in the garden.. .

and the drive .

:mexican wave:

1672490857248.png1672490888673.png

The spaniel looks pensive. Probably because you forgot to mention they are brilliant at drying wet dogs off after baths and rainy walks. Just make sure the dog is secure before you deploy as chasing a dog around the garden with a leaf blower cab be misinterpreted :)

The spaniel looks pensive. Probably because you forgot to mention they are brilliant at drying wet dogs off after baths and rainy walks. Just make sure the dog is secure before you deploy as chasing a dog around the garden with a leaf blower cab be misinterpreted :)
noted. . . . ill give it a go.

attach dog to collar . . .

1672494789684.png

engage blower . . . . pic shot left ;)

1672494862687.png

note to self. . . . must attach Dog Landing Lights next time.

1672494952185.png

1672494987963.png

well,

they can be used "very effectively" to blow off and dry the van after washing leaving no water spots and no need to towel dry. (including the water that gets trapped in the door shuts and handles)

( this one is some 3d printed thing, there are guys selling them in the USA with silicone rubber rings over the end, so any contact with the hose and car body wont leave a mark)

View attachment 183629

well they are great for blowing out the dust, grass and campsite kack from the van, tent or awning.

they are also great for blowing off any water, moisture, due off the tent / awning when its time to pack away.

like that time when you have to fold up the ground sheet and its wet on the bottom!

or dew off to awning.

here is ours:

View attachment 183634View attachment 183647View attachment 183648

+++

and the drive .

View attachment 183657View attachment 183658

Ta da, I got I +18v Ryobi workshop blower. I don’t have a workshop but I do have a van. Not the greatest amount of output so we’ll see how it goes
951D31C3-CD49-458A-8EA1-87A87B17570B.jpeg

Last edited:

well,

View attachment 183629

or dew off to awning.

here is ours:

+++

and the drive .

Reminds me of Wayne’s World

well,

View attachment 183629

or dew off to awning.

here is ours:

+++

and the drive .

I’ve got 2 of them. One of them is powered by a 2 stroke the other is mains. I’ll check out the adaptors.

Ta da, I got I +18v Ryobi workshop blower. I don’t have a workshop but I do have a van. Not the greatest amount of output so we’ll see how it goes
I have the other Ryobi one+ leaf blower. I originally bought it for drying the motorbikes after washing (to much tut-tutting from SWMBO), but I’ve now got one of those water filter things, so don’t need it for drying the bikes (or the van) any more
I hadn’t thought about using it for drying the awning etc. That might not attract so much tutting…

Back