Camping Ideas and Tips

300w Pure Sine Inverter - A tiny powerhouse that works great

for those that are asking what was powering the camp at Busfest-22. . .

it was this 300w inverter. . . . . . . .

it was running the two compressor fridges, tent LED lighting and gazebo lighting. . and other stuff.

i had a 4way extension connected to it, running both fridges and tent lights, - then i had a 10m EHU extension lead running out to the gazebo.

this unit was plugged into the Anker or battery box,

I've got two of them and been running them for a good few years now.

+++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++

1663367736241.png

1663367896159.png

1663367971520.png

*** Camping cooker windscreen ***

While we wait for @Grim Reaper to produce some more of his awesome CADAC 2 GO windscreens.

(that we see at summer camp 2022)

(think I was first to ask for one if he made anymore)

I shared what we have been using for a camp cooker windbreak ...

We already had these in our camping arsenal, was was easy to adapt to the cadac.

@davecdjt thought it was a great idea/tip so I'll add it here.

We use two of these to wrap around the sides and back to keep the wind at bay while cooking.

Fyi- the pic below is not to scale, it's smaller than the pic depicts, I'll take some pics at T6F Autumn Camp and post them here later. This one is 9.5 x 32inches.

Screenshot_20220919-153647_Amazon Shopping.jpg

After Autumn camp . . . .

id like to add these cool little tables to my collection.

we already use the 4ft version at camp.

these are the 2ft version.

they were expertly demoed by @Jollyvan and @VanDamMan

+++

+++

1664296656541.png

+++++++++++++++++++

they are available cheaper at certain COSTCO locations ( not my two local stores - nor online, so im assuming its local old summer stock?)

1664296757726.png

1664296746812.png

2022 LED Dream Lights. . . .

@czmate1999 gets the credits for this one. . .

he come to Autumn Gathering with some mad new LED awning and flagpole lights. . . .

we all wanted to shamelessly copy him. . .

1664623582669.png
1664623606647.png
1664623620229.png
+++

so I've added them to the thread below.

+++

+++

I use an upside down sieve as a fireguard for my little barbeque firepit. I find it works really well to protect against sparks flying out of the fire. I use a fork to lift the sieve/guard off the fire when i want to add more wood or to toast marshmallows CB860652-2525-49CE-B7A7-6F6848B06842.jpegB8AD6F41-E243-4F19-A35E-802ED9ABFA74.jpeg

I use an upside down sieve as a fireguard for my little barbeque firepit. I find it works really well to protect against sparks flying out of the fire. I use a fork to lift the sieve/guard off the fire when i want to add more wood or to toast marshmallows View attachment 174687View attachment 174688
I also use a sieve as a fireguard on my little frontier stove. I have one of the earlier frontier stove models that doesn’t have a glass panel to view the flames - the sieve/guard neans i can see the flames while still protecting against sparks. But having the fire door open does make the wood burn faster…
C20D424A-3777-4C02-B353-A76D8571A84F.jpeg

Best camping tip I can offer and totally free. If you're camping on hard compact ground. Where you are pegging out, pour about a 1/2 litre of water on the tent peg spot. After a minute, pegs go in nice and easy. Same for extraction, saves busting your expensive pegs. Enjoy the spirit not the gadget.

New Tip….

Fed up getting your cosy Dryrobe all smelly from the fire pit…..Once home leave to air for a few days ( preferably outside) then buy some Tumble Dryer Sheets……Load Dryer ….couple of sheets …..cold tumble/ very low temp….….once happy …pack away for your next adventure

4DE36841-02BD-4F13-8D7F-68EA6763F3EC.jpeg

54A23B0D-4956-4C27-AADE-5986C491A2C8.jpeg
ps don’t spend a fortune…..cheaper brands work just as well …..:)

Last edited:
New Tip….

Fed up getting your cosy Dryrobe all smelly from the fire pit…..One home leave to air for a few days ( preferably outside) then buy some Tumble Dryer Sheets……Load Dryer ….couple of sheets …..cold tumble/ very low temp….….once happy …pack away for your next adventure

View attachment 175532

View attachment 175538
If I put the tumble drier on my mrs would cut my balls off :cry::fast rofl:

New Tip….

Fed up getting your cosy Dryrobe all smelly from the fire pit…..One home leave to air for a few days ( preferably outside) then buy some Tumble Dryer Sheets……Load Dryer ….couple of sheets …..cold tumble/ very low temp….….once happy …pack away for your next adventure

View attachment 175532

View attachment 175538

And don’t let any of those sparks get anywhere near your expensive dryrobe, else it will end up with more holes than a colander.

If I put the tumble drier on my mrs would cut my balls off :cry::fast rofl:
Just tell her …..Martin said it’s Ok

8C6364FD-6A98-49C1-B0F7-85CBA09E6971.jpeg

POWER MOVE

Martin Lewis explains when you should really run tumble dryers and washing machines to save money​

New Tip….

View attachment 175532

View attachment 175538
£50 to tumble dry…… don’t f***ing think so ;)

Dunno if this has already been covered, but one of the best things we’ve bought is a £20 Aldi electric blanket. We use our van all year round & getting into a warm bed when it’s -20C outside is heaven. It only draws 130W so can run on even the lowest EHU limits (some of the winter Alpine EHU are only 3A)
Probably the best £20 we’ve spent, van wise.

Back