Camping Ideas and Tips

Those orange lids that come with powdered coffee? They fit tin cans perfectly. Chuck a couple in your kitchen kit - great for keeping a partial can of human food or dog food fresh.

2CAC6CE7-3C95-43F7-A985-B2B377D74DA8.jpeg

Last edited:
@cgtmiles where did you this from please, looks a nice height.
View attachment 197881
I thought you were asking about the wife for a minute then!

It’s from eBay I think.

I got it to help loading the bikes on the rack but gets used for everything now and mostly as a foot rest. Just realised we could do with one each but I bought the stools instead (orange one). And then I got carried away and got the grey one with the table top which is really useful (used step as table too when feet weren’t on it)

Stool with table top

Stool and table top are available separately and possibly cheaper as the stools are in a sale which is annoying as I didn’t spot it until after (they are slightly different but it looks like it should work).

Does your fridge have a little swivel catch that secures the door while travelling and also allows you to vent the fridge while not in use?

Attached with a cross head screw?

Apparently they can work loose and so allow your fridge to deposit its contents across the floor while negotiating a tight roundabout.

So I'm told anyway, might be worth checking and tightening it up :whistle:

Chief Advisor has often hit her head on the inner rail of the pop top when ingressing / egressing the van.
I never understood why she insisted on doing this as it usually made her shout and use words that I don't understand.
Anyway, I came up with this simple and cheap solution; a length of pipe lagging with a little bit cut out for the gas strut mounting point.

IMG_8403.JPG

Whie I was at it I sliced another peice lenghwise about 25mm across to fill the gap between the Vamoose rail and Fiamma awning. Keeps the rain out nicely
IMG_8401.JPG

Does your fridge have a little swivel catch that secures the door while travelling and also allows you to vent the fridge while not in use?

Attached with a cross head screw?

Apparently they can work loose and so allow your fridge to deposit its contents across the floor while negotiating a tight roundabout.

So I'm told anyway, might be worth checking and tightening it up :whistle:
Only time my fridge has anything in it is on a camping trip and theres so much stuff on the floor (including the dog) theres no chance of that door opening :)

DB7AE597-F4F3-4107-BDF3-805FAAB815C7.jpegThe lucky lucky wife got these vw tins for her birthday. Obviously she was overjoyed. Fit perfectly in the cupboard over the sink. Essentially just ikea tins with VW stickers on them but by getting them from Etsy you can get someone else to stick the sticker on for a massive markup!

Cracking weather the last few days. . . .

and a perfect excuse to look at the NEW 2023 CASCADE camp chairs.

i got mine from CostCo at the weekend.

About this item​

• Perfect Portable Chair for Beach Trips or Camping Outdoors Sports Events
  • Supports up to 113kg / 250lbs . L 55.5 x W 66.4 x W 100 cm
  • Carry Bag Included for Easy Storing and Transporting,Shock cord frame for quick assembly
  • Strong Aluminium Frame for Durability
  • Removable and Adjustable Head Rest, Fully collapsible and space saving

1686561232567.png

we have some upgrades over the previous version ( which we have 4x)

the first is now a twin central bar to stop any rotation when applying the seat cover ( If you know - you know )

1686561289459.png

next up is the new cup or phone/USB battery bank holder . . .

1686561337119.png

third up is the new padded side wings for some extra arm support. . .

1686561369705.png

so - old verses new -

sure:

1686561393008.png

the head rest cushion looks to be the same. . .

1686561438601.png
. . . . .

heres the packaging for the camp chair geeks.

1686561494816.png1686561502809.png1686561511335.png

there cheaper at Costcos - £35.

but heres a link for more details:

1686561622808.png

1686561511620.png

Been doing more van based camping recently and have discovered a use for one of my workshop trolleys. It's a Sealey CX314

Can be picked up cheaper than RRP. Spent a while looking at various ones before going for this, although this one is available from other companies too. Would be a pain to store in a car but in a van you can pop it in folded up and vertical so it doesn't take up much room.

Folds and unfolds in literally seconds. So you have an instant trolley or shelving unit for storing stuff on, gives you more surface area to put things on. Also useful when packing and unpacking for storing bits on. I've used it for a couple of overnighters and it's really handy

Been doing more van based camping recently and have discovered a use for one of my workshop trolleys. It's a Sealey CX314

Can be picked up cheaper than RRP. Spent a while looking at various ones before going for this, although this one is available from other companies too. Would be a pain to store in a car but in a van you can pop it in folded up and vertical so it doesn't take up much room.

Folds and unfolds in literally seconds. So you have an instant trolley or shelving unit for storing stuff on, gives you more surface area to put things on. Also useful when packing and unpacking for storing bits on. I've used it for a couple of overnighters and it's really handy
Got any pics of it in use?

Looks good...but £162!!

I could use that for work too.

Got a link with the cheaper price?

Here's a couple of pics of it in use from last weekend, two different camps

Friday night. Random stuff on all three shelves, including empty beers and the Ecoflow unit

Trolley pic 1.jpg

Saturday night. On the front left of the awning as you look at it. More random stuff on it, camping/boot organiser fits in it very nicely. Water canteen sitting on the folding stool on the left too, behind the table, makes a nice makeshift water dispenser
Trolley pic 2.jpg

Much cheaper from some of the online tool sellers. Available for £95 here

Copy available from 24mx - 24mx

But I wanted mine sooner than that and wanted the warranty

Cheaper options available for other trolleys but they didn't appear as strong, such as this

Perfect. I'll sort one out at the weekend.

Top tip that. ... :)

Run Two QR Gas Cookers from One Gas Bottle. . . . . .

made this. . . .

1689332504663.png.

connects like this . . . . .

1689332523636.png

now we can run this and this. . . .

1689332577491.png

full test at T6F Summer Camp.

Last edited:
Run Two QR Gas Cookers from One Gas Bottle. . . . . .

made this. . . .

View attachment 205723.

connects like this . . . . .

View attachment 205724

now we can run this and this. . . .

View attachment 205725

full test at T6F Summer Camp.
That's a mighty fine idea. However, it would be another bit of kit for to forget and then be followed up with a bollocking from the long haired general.

Back