Camper King

Camper King leisure battery locationIf anyone has any experience around getting CK leisure batteries out I’d greatly appreciate it!
No personal experience, but I was so astonished by what you'd written that I went looking, and found this. Have you seen it?

Hope you're enjoying your vans, with niggles sorted soon. I've decided to go for a 6m van, as I'll be a full timer. Looking now to rent and visit the nec in February, hopefully it's on. Either way conversions are year + so might end up with westfalia that i saw first :--)

According to the CK accounts reported March 2020 they turned over almost £19,000,000. That’s a lot of vans, no wonder they’re rough as rats.
About 345 vans at 55K each, more than 7 / week.

Before investing in a T6 conversion I did a lot of research, here as a lurker :D and all over the web, I also looked at various ones in the flesh, it's a lot of £££ to get it wrong. I had a T2 back in the day and have been caravanning for years, so not a newbie. As has rightly been said at the end of the day it's about what works for you but some things that came up may help.

My first issue was getting the right base cab, I wanted a T6 with low mileage and recent year, things like aircon less of a concern, but inbuilt heating yes please, again solar panels I can live without for now. Re the vexed insulation issue well I don't think there is a "right" answer. We had no problem with the T2 and none with the T6 neither being insulated, a front windscreen cover of the best quality, specifically tailored for the T6 seems more important and we invested in that. It's worked out just fine in cold, hot and soaking wet weather, so even if they offered to insulate it I would not bother.

So yes we went with a CK conversion sourcing it from Don Amott who sell them cheaper than CK directly :confused: bulk purchasing I guess. It is one of the Monte Carlo conversions and I have no complaint at all, it even tows well and certainly makes a good use of the space available. The rock and roll bed takes a little technique to get back up but in all other respects we are happy with it and it's a total pleasure to drive.

I'm not quite convinced about the odd tyres it's come with but will only replace them when needed, the one issue but it's clearly a known with any conversion is the crappy headlights, they will be replaced!
I’ve just bought a CK from DA and the bed is a PITA - what’s the technique to raise the bed back to a seat as pulling on the seatbelts until you’re blue in the face isn’t good for either belts or owner?

Back