Camper Jam 2018 - Forum Club Pitch

Have to say the best bit of the weekend was getting up on Saturday only for @Pauly to say “is your rear tyre meant to be that flat?”.:mad:
bloomin flint and stone driveways had put a small slice in the tyre. Had to be done there as the TMPS did not kick in, and i’d have equally noticed it when putting the van up on the levellers. Flat as a pancake over night.
Absolutely rocking the rusty steel spare wheel look right now. Thank ‘eck the ground was so well baked I was able to jack the van up in situ and swap the wheels out.
Just to add insult to injury, as driving out of the site today the TPMS did chime up because it reckonised I was using a different wheel with different pressure.
Going to have to sit on the spare for a couple of weeks until I can get some new tyres sorted, as the rears were fairly low and brushing the indicators. Probably why it punctured.:(
Spare wheel Side on Sunday? :whistle:

Hi @DaveyB
Thanks for the ‘gent’ bit -is that a polite way of saying old bloke
It was great to meet you this weekend along with all the other lovely people. I’ve now got to try to remember peoples names and link them to their forum names‍♂️
Perhaps we should have some kind of link to page that holds the names of forum members along with their real names? As long as each gives permission for others to access - might be useful.
BTW I found a 3 mtr strip of figure 8 when I packed up, think it might be Pete’s ( can’t remember his forum name Doh! I know it’s got ‘medic’ in.
Finally ( unlikely) a great big thank you to @Fish , @DaveyB and anyone else who organised this forum event. We (Chris and me) really enjoyed it, loved the company and can’t wait to see you all again. Special thanks to Gary ( don’t know his forum name) and Pippa for providing the tv so we could watch the footy in comfort.

28FB990C-4B3E-4658-B062-21825A9BEED5.png B14039B2-CFED-4F89-B6A9-FBA3C975F2FB.jpeg 10A1B98B-1E94-4ECC-950A-1B3D95203099.jpeg C736B68D-4B6D-4155-BE49-479014EEC931.jpeg DD64EF48-3A80-49D7-ADE4-405C9775B4AA.jpeg

Haven’t been home long, threw the kids into bath and then into bed and if I find the energy, I might even think about unloading the van tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for being so friendly and approachable and putting us newbies at ease. Didn’t take many pics but here’s a selection of the ones that I did

Hi Guys

Sorry for the late reply.

Huge thanks to all for a super WE, great to meet so many. It was way better than I anticipated. Didn't expect to see the England game so bonus.

So the 3m strip is mine, think i may have thrown it under the van when doing musical vans on the Friday afternoon. Great excuse to meet up and get it back

Sorry I didn't get to say bye to everyone but in our thoughts. Just shows what a strong and thoughtful group you are by the number of posts and texts I have had, really appreciated. I may have had a flat battery but couldn't have been in better hands.

I have found where you buy the trailers in Worcester, Standby !

Should we forget club camping next year and try “home is where you park it”? So long as we get a few of us arriving for opening we could bagsie a decent sized area??

My thoughts exactly.

I was going to say ‘Home is where you park it’ is the best option, we had 11 cars with tents and had an area for a volleyball pitch in the middle. You just need to make sure there are not gaps as you will wake up and some scruffy bugger in a t4 will be parked in your communal area.

I was going to say ‘Home is where you park it’ is the best option, we had 11 cars with tents and had an area for a volleyball pitch in the middle. You just need to make sure there are not gaps as you will wake up and some scruffy bugger in a t4 will be parked in your communal area.
Agreed - someone dumped a daewoo matiz in ours. Good job no camp fires were allowed :cautious:

Hi Guys

Sorry for the late reply.

Huge thanks to all for a super WE, great to meet so many. It was way better than I anticipated. Didn't expect to see the England game so bonus.

So the 3m strip is mine, think i may have thrown it under the van when doing musical vans on the Friday afternoon. Great excuse to meet up and get it back

Sorry I didn't get to say bye to everyone but in our thoughts. Just shows what a strong and thoughtful group you are by the number of posts and texts I have had, really appreciated. I may have had a flat battery but couldn't have been in better hands.

I have found where you buy the trailers in Worcester, Standby !

Glad you found the trailer people, look forward to seeing it next time

Didn’t realise until yesterday that the Camper Jam people also organise a smaller festival called Camper Calling over the August Bank Holiday weekend. Tickets are now booked :)

I found the same thing in my fridge, drank it as soon as I got home. This tells me that not only does @Pauly need a fridge, but is also very forgetful about where he’s stashed stuff.
So, Paul, if you would like to stash a few grand in my coolbox at BusFest, i’ll happily keep it chilled for you.:D

Back