Camper hire & Buying Advice

Hey! thank you all for the replies and info so far - super helpful!

I thought I'd update on where I've gotten to.

Managed to hire a van in August from Bronte in Keighley. Would highly recommend them, they were so friendly and helpful and the van was immaculately presented. Spent a week in Yorkshire and loved it. Learnt a fair bit about what I do and don't want in my own van.

I went along to the Camper Season Finale show at Lincolnshire Showground a few weeks back and saw a few converters, Knights, Jacks Shack and Tribe.

I have been in touch with all 3. Tribe are a Camper King dealer essentially and the other 2 are obviously more bespoke. I went to speak with Jon at Knights yesterday and he was incredibly helpful and his product is awesome. He raised an interesting point though that I would like the forums thoughts on if possible...

He fits Reimo roofs and mentioned that CK fit UK Pop Tops and that basically you get what you pay for.

Has anyone had experience of owning a UK Pop Top long term and had issues or even good experiences?

Has anyone used Tribe at all on here?

I was also looking at Needingworth and had contact with Stephen there. They have moved away from CK conversions and gone to All Seasons Leisure. Has anyone got an All Seasons van?

I am also torn between RIB and Rock and Roll beds. I really like the RIB bed because of the additional boot space it offers. What are peoples experiences of both setups?

A lot there I know, but I'd appreciate any advice, experiences would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi there
We bought a new conversion from Needingworth a month ago.
They do use all season conversions for interior and then do exterior themselves-the all seasons is a good conversion and I preferred it to Camper King. I though finish was better
Stephen seems to get pre registered van and high spec. Ours is a high line
Ours was a 19 plate with 400 miles.
The guys put on wheels I wanted, fitted a rear spoiler I wanted too.
They come with side bars lowered suspension etc.
I had a couple of things I wanted to do like underseal, fit a splitter and then give it a full Polish and waxbefore we got away.
We had our first trip last weekend and all good. No issues

Hi there
We bought a new conversion from Needingworth a month ago.
They do use all season conversions for interior and then do exterior themselves-the all seasons is a good conversion and I preferred it to Camper King. I though finish was better
Stephen seems to get pre registered van and high spec. Ours is a high line
Ours was a 19 plate with 400 miles.
The guys put on wheels I wanted, fitted a rear spoiler I wanted too.
They come with side bars lowered suspension etc.
I had a couple of things I wanted to do like underseal, fit a splitter and then give it a full Polish and waxbefore we got away.
We had our first trip last weekend and all good. No issues

thanks for this, super helpful. One thing I am really not sure about is the rock and roll bed and lack of boot space it offers. How did you find packing for a weekend away was?
do you mind asking what warranty you got?

cheers

We had no real issue with room.we used the rear to keep all our bedding etc. There is a lot of room under the bed and in the wardrobe. We also had all our dogs stuff to. With the front double seat there is also good storage there too. Bed was comfy although we used a mattress topper but no issues and slept well. Ordered a cheap topper on eBay for £25 quid as they do small doubles which were perfect.
In the summer next year if we are away for longer we have a Vango awning to put up
The van came with the remainder of the three year warranty. The conversion comes with a 1 year conversion warranty from Needingworth and then a further 9 years from all seasons.the pop top is a 5 year warranty. Appliances are excluded form 10 year warrant which is understandable. The bed is fully tested and gas certificate.
I flew down from Inverness to get the van.
Hope this helps

We had no real issue with room.we used the rear to keep all our bedding etc. There is a lot of room under the bed and in the wardrobe. We also had all our dogs stuff to. With the front double seat there is also good storage there too. Bed was comfy although we used a mattress topper but no issues and slept well. Ordered a cheap topper on eBay for £25 quid as they do small doubles which were perfect.
In the summer next year if we are away for longer we have a Vango awning to put up
The van came with the remainder of the three year warranty. The conversion comes with a 1 year conversion warranty from Needingworth and then a further 9 years from all seasons.the pop top is a 5 year warranty. Appliances are excluded form 10 year warrant which is understandable. The bed is fully tested and gas certificate.
I flew down from Inverness to get the van.
Hope this helps

Thanks, it really does help.

An awning will be a must! In the an we hired, the one thing I'd have changed was a mattress topper. definitely required!

I saw something about them having long warranties and this is a big draw for me, some converters offer only 1 year which is rubbish.

Watch out for the conversions that don’t allow the drivers seat to swivel to a realistically usable position, go LWB if you don’t plan on using it as a daily drive and don’t scrimp on the pop top roof quality.

Watch out for the conversions that don’t allow the drivers seat to swivel to a realistically usable position, go LWB if you don’t plan on using it as a daily drive and don’t scrimp on the pop top roof quality.
Seen a few of those, what's the point!!

Back