Cam Belt Re-call

So can your local vw centre tell if your van falls under this recall just from the vin?

Yes, the VW commercial vehicle centre wanted my VIN, not my registration, and said categorically it is not subject to the recall.

Just received this today when I contacted them to quote for a new battery:

“Just to let you know there is an outstanding update for the cam belt to be changed under warranty. Did you want to get this booked in too?”

Seems they are a bit slow at contacting folk as this was the first time they have mentioned it.

Just received this today when I contacted them to quote for a new battery:

“Just to let you know there is an outstanding update for the cam belt to be changed under warranty. Did you want to get this booked in too?”

Seems they are a bit slow at contacting folk as this was the first time they have mentioned it.

It's not an actual recall, it's a check/update, if you make contact with dealer, i.e. for a service etc they will check it.

I had my gates timing belt go on my 2018 transporter. The van was 6 months out of warranty.VW never admitted there was a problem with the belt, but they provided a new engine free of charge. It’s either the best customer service in the world, or they know the belts are faulty. The van had 55k on the clock, full service history.

Back