Calor gas bottles

I read that, should still be able to get refils until the supply runs out.

we use campingaz 907 so should be okay for a while..

Please note that this has been circulating on the net for quite some time, but the information on the calor gas page has been the same for a year or more- simply about short supply. There has not been the announcement promised. I suspect someone may be on a wind up!
Did you not bother to read the calor page?

Did you not bother to read the calor page?

:fast rofl:I promise you I did last night. Which was supposed to be after the announcement and nothing was there. I'll just slink off and delete that post :oops:

Last edited:
I read that, should still be able to get refils until the supply runs out.

we use campingaz 907 so should be okay for a while..
For a while, why only for a while? The 907 is the recommendation to exchange to, these aren’t going anywhere are they?

I live 2 miles from a main Calor gas hub. They stopped supplying CampingGaz bottles or refills 2 years ago. the franchise in Leicestershire went to another company Flogas.
I had difficulty sourcing a refill for both my 907 & 904 last year. I was put onto a supplier on the A46 and they had plenty and assured me CampingGaz refills will still be available. Fosseway fuels LE7 4TR.

Looks like flogas do a direct replacement for the 3.9 propane bottle. Has anyone asked them before?

My dad just got a free upgrade with flogas, they gave him the next size up for free when paying for a refil.

I got a refill for my 3.9 propane cylinder today so that should delay this being an issue for me for another few years :thumbsup:

Reactions: CAB
Looks like Calor may be changing there policy Calor new position of filling small capacity LPG cylinders welcomed by BSS | Boat Safety Scheme | Go Boating - Stay Safe
Apparently they have now realised the impact of the withdrawal of the smaller cylinders and will reintroduce and then at some stage phase out again
The way it reads their phasing them out all the time people may have an empty bottles but they have no stock to replace it because it was too old or needed referbing

Is there a consensus on what the best replacement bottle is for the Calor 4.5kg butane.
Its all well and good changing to FloGas or Campingaz but presumably that comes with the added bonus of having to buy a new bottle first time round.... again. Yet another purchase of a new Cylinder Refill Agreement.
Is the Calor 5kg Patio gas bottle a viable swap, as I assume that this will only incur a refill charge. This is physically a little larger than the 4.5kg Butane but not as large as the 7kg. Propane should work as well as Butane for camping with the bonus of working better in the cold.

We use the 5kg patio gas comes with a handy gauge ( so no more weighing ) works well on the Cadac and thetford grill…if you’ve got a good dealer/supplier they should just swop over the bottles and you only pay for the gas :)

We use the 5kg patio gas comes with a handy gauge ( so no more weighing ) works well on the Cadac and thetford grill…if you’ve got a good dealer/supplier they should just swop over the bottles and you only pay for the gas :)
Thank you. Sounds as if that may well be the way forward then.

Costco do the flogas 5,kg refil for £18. Cheapest I've seen yet.

Homebase do them as well but I think £35 for the refill.

The flogas bottles are also super lightweight.

Assuming your 4.5kg bottle isn't a perm fixture in the van.

Presumably though, in addition to the relatively insignificant cost of new regulators, there is the additional cost of the new Cylinder Refill Agreement with FloGas and the waste of the one with Calor. I don't think you get any money back if you return a bottle and don't refill it.

Back