Campingaz 904 gas locker

Surfer

Hi All

My build was finished ages ago (T6 LWB) and although I fitted a gas range which works fine I never carry a gas bottle as we always cook outside. For completeness really i would like to install a permanent gas box, even if we seldom use it. The issue I have is the the only location I can use is below the bed and the lip height is too low to get a steel box in. i have used a 907 gas bottle but would be happy using a 904 however I cant seem to find a 904 specific box. I could make my own or maybe use a plastic one.

Has anyone else had this problem and created a good solution?

Many thanks

I made my own locker for Cadac 500 g twin unit to go behind the wheelarch. It has space for at least two spare bottles, so 2kg total, in a much more flexible space than a 904. It doesn’t stick out beyond the wheelarch, so I can get folding chairs and table down the side of the wheelarch, posted in from the back. Access is via a circular ’deck hatch’ in the side, and a lift out panel in the top. Built from plywood, painted, sealant at the joints, dropout valve in the bottom.

Here it is before I built the rest of the wardrobe around it

Thanks @drinfinity that looks like a potential solution for me. What gas bottles are they and where can I get the fitting that you are using???

Edit: Scratch that you had helpfully put the details in your description. Sorry.... Thanks again

Back