Cable Routing From Roof

KBF

Im thinking of mounting some work lights on the Thule bars on the roof of my van.
Is there a way to route the cables into the van and towards the cockpit? I do hope i dont have to drill holes in the roof and try to get that rust-safe. And also to squeese the cables between doors and gaskets isn´t my favorite way to do things.

Any ideas on this??

the only factory holes are on the rear top panel where the door hinges/looms go . . . . . depending whether you have tailgate or barn doors.

appart from that you need to drill new holes in the roof . . . . . or run the cables down to the under-body and come up through one of the floor grommets (under seats).

same issues with installing solar on roof . . . . have a look here > Solar Panel Cutting Hole In Roof !!!

Are the lights/cables going to be there permanently, or just as required ?

Pete

Im thinking of maybe mounting a LED bar on in the front and two LED flood lights in the rear.
So the cables will be permanently. Im not so happy about drilling holes in the roof.. thinking of rust and shit like that

If you can go in via the rear of the van all my solar cables and tv aerial cables run through the grommets for the rear lights so no drilling required

Back