C.A.K Underslung fresh water tanks. - Any one fitted?

Hi @Willoughby if you didn't receive any fitting instructions may I suggest that you Google CAK water tanks and cointact them for assistance.

You may :) But that's not what i'm after :confused: I have the instructions and the contact details. I'm looking to pick the brains of someone who has fitted, esp if the didn't drill holes in van. :thumbsup:

K

Sorry @Willoughby, couldn't see instructions so made a wrong assumption. If you can get your van on a hoist you may be able to see and match the fitting straps to some of the pre-installed and threaded mounting points for other VW options, plus the instructions may make more sense.

@Willoughby , might be worth posting a scan of instructions etc, as from my look of the picture it hooks into existing places, then the straps go on with the nuts/washers? I'd use nylocks as I wouldn't want one of those falling off and becoming a Grenade if I'd fitted it! :thumbsup::whistle::whistle::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Last edited:
No worries all good :)

@Willoughby , I'd use nylocks as I wouldn't want one of those falling off and becoming a Grenade if I'd fitted it! :thumbsup::whistle::whistle::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Ta for the top tip, I was thinking threadloc. The plastic parts supplied are spot on but the fixings rough and need tided up. I'm will defo be using Nylocks and think I'm also going to sand down smooth the edges powder coat the straps.

After a bit of trawling the forums I found out the instructions are wrong. (Hope I managed to attach) If you follow them to the letter you will end up with whole in tank and the cut out is also in wrong place.

Kev

Attachments

• CAK.pdf
    331.4 KB · Views: 563
Ahhhhh :rolleyes: I know why the plastic cut out is wrong, I have a LWB Never thought of that :whistle:

@Willoughby I trust that with the right instructions that it will all make sense. It does of course beg the question whether the LWB fitting kit is the same as that for the SWB or is the whole kit wrong ?

Hellooooo :) Took bits along to get powder coated and after a quick chat it was decided that we could do a better job. He is going to straighten out and clean up the steel then powder coat and look at alternatives to the hooks. Watch this space, I will post up the results.

Kev

I know some people put the filler in the front step area like the air in for the airtop heater like below.

image.jpg image.jpg

Do you have an under slug diesel heater. If so where did you put it if you have the water tanks.

Do you have an under slug diesel heater. If so where did you put it if you have the water tanks.

I have an eberspacher heater mounted under the floor and also an underfloor water tank, It is the CAK waste tank that fits in front of the spare wheel.
you can order the waste tank configured as a fresh water tank, it is 38 litres capacity, I haven't yet connected the filler, but it will be going just inside the nearside back
door above the gas locker. As @Willoughby said, the plastic tank is very well made, but the metal bracket is a bit rough, so I re-welded it and painted it properly.

I've got the same CAK wheel arch tanks and also the tank in front of the spare wheel.

Were did you guys feed the water hose through in to the van?

Where are people fitting them if they have a propex tank between the rear wheels?

Where are people fitting them if they have a propex tank between the rear wheels?

I would assume, they are fitting the twin side tanks for fresh water, instead of the 38 litre water tank in front of the arch.

have a look at CAK website.

I have an eberspacher heater mounted under the floor and also an underfloor water tank, It is the CAK waste tank that fits in front of the spare wheel.
you can order the waste tank configured as a fresh water tank, it is 38 litres capacity, I haven't yet connected the filler, but it will be going just inside the nearside back
door above the gas locker. As @Willoughby said, the plastic tank is very well made, but the metal bracket is a bit rough, so I re-welded it and painted it properly.
I'm fitting the same tank for fresh water and would love to see where and how you located the filler please?

512B41FC-8629-437F-9CF7-C5CB4F763794.jpeg
In the end, after a lot of thought, I fitted the filler through the side of the van behind the near side wheel arch. I used a stainless marine filler rather than the plastic caravan type, it works well and I’m happy with how it looks.
F03C98B0-36A1-4069-A7C5-90701823DE89.jpeg

Back