I think that if my van was deffo in there and I could see it then I’d be forcing entry and driving it away.
You may have to cause damage to get in, but I’d suck up a conviction for crim dam versus my 50k van.
It’s not burglary under 9 1(a) or (b) of the theft act as you can’t steal what you own.

I think that if my van was deffo in there and I could see it then I’d be forcing entry and driving it away.
You may have to cause damage to get in, but I’d suck up a conviction for crim dam versus my 50k van.
It’s not burglary under 9 1(a) or (b) of the theft act as you can’t steal what you own.
But it would be burglary of anything at all that they fitted….!

Just playing devil’s advocate here!

Reactions: Bav
How would they prove it was their gear?

Get organised. Travel en masse to the yard and liberate your vans.
...and just hope the roof hasn't been removed in preparation for a pop-top?

But it would be burglary of anything at all that they fitted….!

Just playing devil’s advocate here!
Not if you’d paid for it, via deposit or otherwise.
Yeah it’s playing around with S9 of theft act but it’s not burglary if you take back your property.
You have to fulfil all the points for it to be burglary. I know it’s semantics and you have to be careful but if I had a £50k van in there I know what I’d be doing.
I feel for these guys so much. It’s devastating to think the amounts involved.

Yeah it’s playing around with S9 of theft act but it’s not burglary if you take back your property.
You have to fulfil all the points for it to be burglary. I know it’s semantics and you have to be careful but if I had a £50k van in there I know what I’d be doing.
Agreed! What I would do and what is legal don’t always reconcile!!!

Be wary of criminal damage when recovering - a plasterer has no defence for scraping the plaster off the wall just because he wasn’t paid!

We have also been the unfortunate victims of Gavin Hunt and Bus Stops scamming and lost a significant amount of money. We would be interested in the What’s app group to look at action we can take collectively to stop this company trading under another name and conning more people out of their money!!

Hi, if you can prove that you are a genuine customer via private message we can add you to a private group chat? We have had people trying to join that are affiliated with Bus Stop Campers, so need to make sure everyone is genuine.
Hi, I’d like to join the private chat please - lucky to get our van back v recently (thankfully) but got significant ‘snags’ pending. How, and to who do I send a private message?

My heart bleeds for you guys caught up in this debacle. As a business owner of nearly 30 years I would hope that there was nothing malicious in Bus Stops approach, and it was merely a case of them hoping to turn it around despite the overwhelming evidence it was going pear shaped. I would hate to think ripping customers off was their business model, especially in this small community. Hope all of you get the justice you deserve.

Has anybody had any recent dealings with or had a conversion completed by Bus Stop VW or Bus Stop campers in Sheffield lately?
92B11918-923D-484A-95A5-2D27EFE3A3D5.png
Bus Stop VW Limited ("the Company*) - Proposed Liquidation
We regret to inform you that the Company is insolvent and not financially in a position to continue trading.
Wilson Field Limited of the Manor House, 260 Ecclesall Road South, Sheffield S11 9PS have been formally engaged by the Company's directors to assist with placing the Company into Creditors' Voluntary Liquidation. Wilson Field Limited are a firm of licensed Insolvency Practitioners.
Wilson Field will be contacting customers who have a vehicle on site shortly to arrange a time for them to collect their vehicles.
If you have any immediate enquiries please email
J.Dobbins@wilsonfield.co.uk.
Wilson Field will deal with individual queries as quickly as possible.
The directors of the Company wish to express their sincere apologies for the abrupt closure and the distress caused to customers of the Company. The directors are assisting the proposed Liquidators with the formalities of placing the Company into Creditors' Voluntary Liquidation, as well as ensuring the return of the customers' vehicles.

This sound horrible situation!
If your van is outside, can't you fetch it using a spare key?

Finally got my van back from Bus Stop Campers (Wankers), paid them almost 5k for this really not gorgeous and really not adequate work. Its spot on lads, absolutely love it. The best bit is that they asked for £800 for a set of new boards, you know the mouldy ones. They must have ran out of all the branded top quality insulation materials that Gavin Hunt (C**T) reeled off on the phone, because we got some basic shit that costs about £7 from Wickes and tweedle dee and tweedle dumb forgot to put it on half the van, including the main panels and wheel archers. Let's not forget the sub floor, you get seasick walking on it its that 'unsturdy', finishing touches were shards of glass everywhere which was even stuck to the carpet liner and no window (got it sorted by the real deal) So, thanks Gavin Hunt and Craig Mortimer, hope your next business 'Stellar Pop Top Roofs' goes a bit better for you! *Beware*

View attachment 165109IMG_20220715_153222.jpgIMG_20220715_154418.jpgView attachment 165109View attachment 165109IMG_20220715_152552.jpgIMG_20220715_154045.jpgIMG_20220716_194511.jpgIMG_20220715_155723.jpg

IMG_20220715_153102.jpgIMG_20220715_153056.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my van back from Bus Stop Campers (Wankers), paid them almost 5k for this really not gorgeous and really not adequate work. Its spot on lads, absolutely love it. The best bit is that they asked for £800 for a set of new boards, you know the mouldy ones. They must have ran out of all the branded top quality insulation materials that Gavin Hunt (C**T) reeled off on the phone, because we got some basic shit that costs about £7 from Wickes and tweedle dee and tweedle dumb forgot to put it on half the van, including the main panels and wheel archers. Let's not forget the sub floor, you get seasick walking on it its that 'unsturdy', finishing touches were shards of glass everywhere which was even stuck to the carpet liner and no window (got it sorted by the real deal) So, thanks Gavin Hunt and Craig Mortimer, hope your next business 'Stellar Pop Top Roofs' goes a bit better for you! *Beware*

View attachment 165109View attachment 165112View attachment 165113View attachment 165109View attachment 165109View attachment 165111View attachment 165334View attachment 165336View attachment 165328

View attachment 165338View attachment 165339
That's shocking work - I could do a better job than that and I have the manual dexterity of a block of lard and the hand-eye coordination of a fitting epileptic!

Can you believe it, literally 30 minutes after I posted this THE POLICE turned up at my door! Within 30 mins on a Saturday night, dodgy or what. I'd apparently mentioned the administrator/receptionists name, which I haven't, but should do. She must sit all night watching the forum, poor thing couldn't even do her job properly, bet she only got the job because she's intellectually challenged and nieve enough to be part of the master scam plan. So yeah, I know... Hiya.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you believe it, literally 30 minutes after I posted this THE POLICE turned up at my door! Within 30 mins on a Saturday night, dodgy or what. Obviously a dodgy cop trying to keep everyone quiet, especially as its common knowledge one of the directors daughter is a police officer and dodginess runs in the family. I'd apparently mentioned the administrator/receptionists name, which I haven't, but should do. She must sit all night watching the forum, poor thing couldn't even do her job properly, bet she only got the job because she's intellectually challenged and nieve enough to be part of the master scam plan. So yeah, I know... Hiya
What reason did the police give for turning up at your door?

Back