Bulli Badge

http://www.volkswagen-accessories.c...n.download_attachment.file/nfz_katalog_en.pdf

This is different to the brochure our dealers have also.
I notice that the wind deflectors on here fit in the glass channel, as opposed to the VW UK parts which stick on the outside. Wonder if they are Climair parts? Think I may need to change mine:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:, the work very well, but look a bit pants:thumbsdown:

Yeah I was offered the Genuine ones but didn't want anymore stick-on parts. I opted for the DubFlecta ones and very pleased.

VW Vans & Commercial Vehicles | Volkswagen UK

There are some bits in her I would love, particularly the "engine underride guard", some of the bits are factory only, but plenty look retrofittable. :rolleyes:

The Bulli badges are shown in this brochure also. Not sure if the background colour is white or silver/grey. This brochure shows them 0n a mojave beige van, snd they look Ok, so that is fine by me:)

Yeah I was offered the Genuine ones but didn't want anymore stick-on parts. I opted for the DubFlecta ones and very pleased.

I've got the acoustic glass which maybe a bit thicker, so I wondered about these being lodged in the window glass channel, i.e. just too much thickness for the window motor to overcome

Are your's quiet?

The Bulli badges are shown in this brochure also. Not sure if the background colour is white or silver/grey. This brochure shows them 0n a mojave beige van, snd they look Ok, so that is fine by me:)

Looking again the backgroud colour looks to be silver/grey

Bulli badge on order, not a UK item so have to come from Germany, have three pairs arriving in a couple weeks price is the same as Gen6 badges. I will post them in the shop with 3 available if you want a set you can buy it but will not be despatched for a couple weeks

Last edited:
Do they come with a few strips of 3m tape on the back or is the whole back the sticker?

There is a black dense thin foam type material already applied to the back, with a waxed removable paper.

Just goto decide position, I think height wise the bottom of the badge should be aligned with the top of window rubber seal on the adjacent front windows; left and right it seems many are not applied in the centre? have to check it out

I want to put them in the front step ,which will mean cutting holes .
The gen6 will look good
What price @Pauly

:thumbsup: Do they fit in the standard kombi step?
Have a look at the picture, im not sure how they fit, one set of arrows points at the level where the light will recess too but the other arrows show where the retaining clips locate, i think this may need to have a cutout within a recess to fit properly, a hole in a flat surface like a kombi step may leave part of the white rear plastic on show

I want to put them in the front step ,which will mean cutting holes .
The gen6 will look good
What price @Pauly
Havent got an exact price on these yet, will also need the plug to go into the socket on the light fitting and the wires/connectors so prob going to be around £30-35 for all the bits, if you want to give it a go PM me

G6Light.jpg

Heres the caravelle step without the light fitted, looks a little recessed but hard to see, changing to a caravelle step is not an option either as step is higher than a standard van one to accommodate for the higher floor

Capture.PNG

Oh and what does "bulli" reference to regarding the VW T's ?

I managed to have a chat with a German T25 driver at busfest today who had a bulli reference on his number plate and asked about the bulli moniker and he said in Germany its a reference to bay/split/t25, basically all the early stuff

It was the nickname for the T1 and was going to be used instead of Transporter but i think it was rejected due to another business name conflict.

Bulli means Ox in German

20160912_072917.jpg

Heres the caravelle step without the light fitted, looks a little recessed but hard to see, changing to a caravelle step is not an option either as step is higher than a standard van one to accommodate for the higher floor

View attachment 967
Managed to get these on eBay ,lights came blank ,so my niece made the gen 6 badges

1475933345016.jpg

Back