Bulli Badge

Yes I saw them on there, but does it stand for anything in perticular

Shall we all buy a pair then ?

Bulli is the German nickname for early transporters, VW brought the name back on the badges that come on a few select vehicles on the continent

The term Bulli comes from the German usage to describe a van or load carrying vehicle. We now use the term Transporter in the same way. Edited. Sorry @Pauly, crossed in the ether.

sounds abit like that old tv programme about darts

not the pop group either

god I must be getting old lol

Has anybody ever seen an edition of the Bulli badge without the text or different text?

Alternatively, to someone having the badges, is the letters sticked onto the aluminum base or "integrated"?

I find the Bulli naming somewhat off for my likings.
Had it at least been with a "y" I could have taken the humorous route about it.
What I do like about it is the aesthetics it brings together with the side repeater indicators completing the figure started by the indicators..

Im afraid there are no versions or variations on the bulli badge what you see is what you get and the lettering is moulded into it, looks like its all one piece of plastic

Im afraid there are no versions or variations on the bulli badge what you see is what you get and the lettering is moulded into it, looks like its all one piece of plastic

@Pauly
OK. Thank you for looking into it.
I feared having my suspicion about the moulded confirmed.
Now back to decide whether accepting the, to me, rather pointless Bulli name or compromising aesthetics otherwise. :)

#FirstWorldProblems

:)

Last edited:
@Pauly
OK. Thank you for looking into it.
I feared having my suspicion about the moulded confirmed.
Now back to decide whether accepting the, to me, rather pointless Bulli name or compromising aesthetics otherwise. :)

#FirstWorldProblems

:)

Managed to find a pretty cheap set of original Bulli badges and ordered those to see if its possible to do something creative with them. :)

Just wondering where the best place to get a pair of Bulli badges would be nowadays (as forum shop is closed)?

Last edited:
What is a Bulli? Is it a model in a different country or something? Just asking as the badge looks cool!

Back