Bulb warning light with trailer plugged in

carlg

204 DSG Highline Kombi MY23
VIP Member
T6 Legend
At the weekend I plugged my caravan in my T6.1 and it said check lefthand turn signal. Checked nothing out turned ignition off, re started no fault.
When to collect my new caravan and it did the same again, pulled trailer socket out tried again it then said check right urn signal.
Any one had similar issue.
Not sure if it's the van or the caravan

At the weekend I plugged my caravan in my T6.1 and it said check lefthand turn signal. Checked nothing out turned ignition off, re started no fault.
When to collect my new caravan and it did the same again, pulled trailer socket out tried again it then said check right urn signal.
Any one had similar issue.
Not sure if it's the van or the caravan

Not helpful but I get the same on my T6, even though my trailer lights are operating perfectly. It only happens occasionaly on my trailer but if I tow a trailer with LED tail lights it happens imediately on start up, every time, I think because the LED's draw much less current.
Anyway, I just ignore it as I know they work fine and I check them before every journey.

Are they LED lights and are you using the OEM/Factory towing electrics?

That needs the two side light and two indicator circuits to be normal lamps and at least 2 working for trailer to be detected:

Post in thread 'OEM tow bar module issue (some what urgent)' OEM tow bar module issue (some what urgent)

I suspect that if you have 2 but not all 4 the "missing" ones will be reported as failures.

Worth checking for clean contacts though.

As above, LED trailer/caravan lights normally trigger this.

You can ignore the message provided you check all the lights before each tow journey to varify that all your lights are actually operational.

As above, LED trailer/caravan lights normally trigger this.

You can ignore the message provided you check all the lights before each tow journey to varify that all your lights are actually operational.
Even tho' the indicators flash at normal speed, the double speed dash clicker is annoying.

Back