Brake disc wear - minimum thickness?

KRB

Hi all does anyone know the minimum disc thickness for front and rear. I have the original discs fitted on a 19 plate T6 with a 204 powered engine. Having looked on line the prices vary a lot and so does the amount of wear they can accommodate. Is there any recommendations on brand or a aftermarket firm to try. Having read other members posts the cost of a set of pads and discs fitted by a dealer is eye watering. I remember feeling faint when I got my previous T5 done at my local dealer
Thanks in advance for your advice.

340mm front (larger of the two options); nominal 32.5mm, wear limit 29.5mm.

Rear (all the same); nominal 22.0mm, wear limit 19.5mm.

In the manual, available on the Forum with VIP Membership

Go to an independent not a dealer.

Reactions: KRB
Hi all does anyone know the minimum disc thickness for front and rear. I have the original discs fitted on a 19 plate T6 with a 204 powered engine. Having looked on line the prices vary a lot and so does the amount of wear they can accommodate. Is there any recommendations on brand or a aftermarket firm to try. Having read other members posts the cost of a set of pads and discs fitted by a dealer is eye watering. I remember feeling faint when I got my previous T5 done at my local dealer
Thanks in advance for your advice.
you can get Nutexa performance brakes supplied and fitted through Van-cave ltd in Somerset.

340mm front (larger of the two options); nominal 32.5mm, wear limit 29.5mm.

Rear (all the same); nominal 22.0mm, wear limit 19.5mm.

In the manual, available on the Forum with VIP Membership

Go to an independent not a dealer.

for the last 12 months I use an independent garage i found I can talk to the person who actually does the work which is great

Just be aware that many garages recommend changing discs despite them have enough thickness to last another set of pads.
They take their cut of the parts cost, additional labour and it takes most of skill requirements out of the job.

Back