Boarding over Shuttle rear windows

Hi all
Did a search, but didn’t find anything.

I’m seriously considering buying a shuttle as I quite like the full windowed look, but want the interior of a kombi. Has anyone stripped out all the panelling on a Shuttle and boarded the interior and covered the rear side windows? I would plan to limo tint them first.
The rear row of seats would not be going back in.

Just considering options.
Thanks
Did you end up panelling your shuttle, i have brought one and trying convert and there doesnt seem to be that much info out there.

Did you end up panelling your shuttle, i have brought one and trying convert and there doesnt seem to be that much info out there.
I converted mine into a full blown pop tup camper but left the middle row single near side seat in position as an optional 6th seat. They are harder but mainly because I wanted to keep the rear air con in play/6th seat/rear alarm sensor and speakers. From a panelling perspective I went with the custom shop design LWB 3.6mm ply kit. It was ok but I ended up making my own rear quarter offside panel as the one they supplied left a fairly sizable gap between the metal work and the panel (probably because of the rear air con unit). If your going down that route you need to tell them it's a dual slider/tailgate so they give you the right kit. Here's a few pictures of the inside that might give you some ideas.

IMG_20210901_125010.jpg

IMG_20210901_124644.jpg

IMG_20210901_123216.jpg

IMG_20210901_124033.jpg

IMG_20210901_123115.jpg

IMG_20210901_123106.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Thank you, for your reply. The van looks amazing. The aircon has already been removed from this van and has been partially stripped out. All back seat had been removed. I am wanting to put a build in bed at the back and cupboards at the front.

Did you prchase the blinds or make them your self ?

Sounds good if you need any advice feel free to DM me. The blinds are from Vanshades, quality product but expensive when you've got windows all round.

I didn’t in the end. It’s surprised me how often I put the rear seats back in, so just use it as a shuttle. I was mainly worried about security with people looking in, but just got window tints.

Back