Carvelle Rear Passenger Area Heating Not Working

HicksFamVan

Having owned my Caravelle for four years I've been trying to work out the heating controls for the rear passenger area and have come to the conclusion something isn't quite right. The first problem is that even when the correct button is selected in the overhead panel (shown in the image) for the air to come out of the larger, overhead vents (circled in red), there seems to be very little air pressure, with more air seemingly coning out of the vents directed at the window (shown in green). This is the same for both rows of vents in the passenger area. The other issue is that there seems to be no not air coming through any of the vents in the passenger area, either the overhead vent, window vent, or floor level vent.

Would really appreciate any advice or suggestions of what might be the cause of these issues and how they can be resolved.

Thanks in advance.
1710706885023.jpeg
?hash=7ba4f428fa6b28d2197c183e5eecad2f.png

1710705978986.png

On my 3rd caravelle and I have to say it doesn’t really blow air like it does at the front. Do not expect a blast of frozen air or volcano hot air.
You need to double check the servo mechanism at the base of the D pillar driver side. They get stack and they do not redirect air to the vents. They need to be oiled every 3/4 months to keep them working over time. Not a great design. And they will fail regardless…
Look at the mechanism while you ask someone to move and press the buttons in the ceiling and check if the white short bar moves up and down. If not that’s the problem. Try to push it gently to help moving it.

Back