Bilstein B14 rear springs snapped.....Again!!

Unless you happen to have very short legs I’m struggling to find a good reason to lower a Transporter :uh run:
Controversial!!!
Am I right in thinking that on this forum there's a growing trend toward standard height or the swamper look?

Controversial!!!
Am I right in thinking that on this forum there's a growing trend toward standard height or the swamper look?
There is a small amount of interest in Raising the Transporters for sure although the ratio is still stacked heavily towards lowering

I am finding a lot of people enquiring about lift nowadays and often because they have tried the very low and simply dont like it !!

I must also must say the all round handing of the van feels much better now it’s been lowered. I have been in touch with Steve at CRS and sorted out a problem I had. Now for me it’s Happy Camping
Was going to contact you to see if the issue was resolved ??

I know this is an older thread, I had B14 fitted on my T32 in March 2019, all the coating has cracked off, 1 front coil spring has broken within the warranty period, I contacted the supplier and fitter without any result. I have just put my van in for MOT and it has failed on both rear springs are broken. I am very disappointed with these Bilstein B14, we have carried any weight in the vehicle and they have still snapped and the condition of them is disgusting. I have contacted the fitters to fit the B14 komfort or Can anybody recommend a more suitable replacement.

I know this is an older thread, I had B14 fitted on my T32 in March 2019, all the coating has cracked off, 1 front coil spring has broken within the warranty period, I contacted the supplier and fitter without any result. I have just put my van in for MOT and it has failed on both rear springs are broken. I am very disappointed with these Bilstein B14, we have carried any weight in the vehicle and they have still snapped and the condition of them is disgusting. I have contacted the fitters to fit the B14 komfort or Can anybody recommend a more suitable replacement.
contact @CRS Performance

I have booked it in for the B14 komfort, however after reading the threads on here about B14 I think it is time to change and give CRS a ring tomorrow
I’d be chasing whoever has responsibility for the warranty, read the small print and use emails with time stamped photos / video so that there is an indisputable record which includes the reg’ plate and milage.
If you don’t get a result go to Trading Standards.

Bit like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire . Much better stuff available and far better value. , the springs are slightly better on comforts. ( justify the massive price increase. NO ! ). There are other issues with them. We removed 3 B14 kits. Week before last. ,,,, !,,, This can’t be a good thing. .?

Bit like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire . Much better stuff available and far better value. , the springs are slightly better on comforts. ( justify the massive price increase. NO ! ). There are other issues with them. We removed 3 B14 kits. Week before last. ,,,, !,,, This can’t be a good thing. .?
I will give you a call this morning to discuss my option and what you have on stock for fitting

Contacted Steve at CRS Performance for a chat about suspension and what was on offer, he advised the KW kit would suit my needs, booked in and visited his workshop today and got the kit fitted with a set of H&R ARB’s. What a difference compared to my Bilstein B14, it’s comfy, corners better, doesn’t hit the arches over speed bumps.
Would highly recommend a chat with Steve at CRS Performance for suspension advice or before you take the plunge in to buying a kit for your T6.
Thanks again Steve.
See you soon for a set of wheels

Hey there Bar933

Thanks for making the trip to us , we appreciate how far people do travel to us , its very flattering . Glad you like what we did,!! I hope you get those rear springs replaced F O C , I havent quite seen any that bad to be honest and its amazing you didn't drag the exhaust down the road to get here seeing that they snapped right in the middle under the plastic coating , This confirms that it is stress related not corrosion as we first thought .

Bilstein B14 Komfort are rubbish. My damper has just sprung a leak 16 months post install. Install garage say warranty was 1 year. Bilstein say they wont cover it, its the company who the installer bought them from.
now am left with a £500+ bill for a new damper. great.

Failures happen unfortunately, not sure I’d write the whole brand off based on a single failure.

Get back onto the supplier and remind them of the consumer rights act.

Failures happen unfortunately, not sure I’d write the whole brand off based on a single failure.

I thought all the warranties were 2 years like our stuff is ?

Bilstein B14 Komfort are rubbish. My damper has just sprung a leak 16 months post install. Install garage say warranty was 1 year. Bilstein say they wont cover it, its the company who the installer bought them from.
now am left with a £500+ bill for a new damper. great.
Might be A good time to bite the bullet and get a better system , " bad money after good" syndrome

hello @Insert Coin , I am in a long deep email chain with steve from Vanstyle who provided the suspension to my local garage.
Consumer rights, please explain as I think Vanstyle are going to come back with `its a 1 year warranty` item.

cheers

Rubbish springs that Bilstein know that they become spring bound . Why else would they put a plastic sheath on the springs. My old van snapped several of these springs so I moved on to H and R with no issues. Talk to CRS.

Back