Big Wave Campers... window leaking, leisure-battery loose..

Does the high level break light on a tailgate just pop out. Using a trim tool? I pressed it in and water drops seep out.

So bought the transporter HQ brake light works well and looks great,
And I managed to remove to old unit without breaking it @Pauly just pull it down and out from the top then use a credit card slid in along the bottom and push each clip up along the bottom keeping a bit of pressure on it and it just pops out.

If you get a length of pipe like screen wash tube you can blow down, get some one to spray a soapy water mix on the outside of window whilst you blow down the pipe on the inside going round the window panel and watch for bubbles, shame don't still have it when I worked at rover ( total shit boxes ) we had a ultrasonic thing you put in the car and turned it on ( I don't mean talking smutty about micro processors) then with a sensing wand went round panels looking for sound likes obviously if it found anything it meant water could get in

Hi
I changed the high level break light but water still getting in boot. I couldn’t see any air bubbles so I added sealant all the way round the edge of the window. It’s still coming in. Any other ideas? Most of the water comes in just below the top left corner. Maybe I need to get the window reinstalled?

seriously fix that battery and wiring! you need to not be able to move it in all axes... x y and z.. and can you redo the cables? Like use proper cables and cable ends?

That’s odd is it like the old style window trim that goes over the body and over the glass , looks like the water could be filling up the trim when it’s clised

It’s one of them threads that’s growing arms and legs..
We'll not mention the unsecured copper gas pipe and ask to see the bottle then........
This has made me feel a lot better about my DIY efforts.
Hope you get some redress/solutions OP.

Firefighters nightmare, is that a copper gas pipe running over the top of exposed battery terminals?

That’s the way Big Wave Campers built it. I have a gas safety certificate. Looks like more expense for me then.

Back