Big Wave Campers... window leaking, leisure-battery loose..

@Theduke can't offer any help but i REALLY hope you can get your issues sorted out...
can't imagine how stressed/gutted you must be :(

@Theduke, really sorry to hear about your issues - not good.
I've driven past Big Wave Campers numerous times living quite close by (N Devon). Actually passed by just this Sunday. Always wondered what they were like - guess we all know now.
Hope you get all sorted and can fully enjoy your van soon :thumbsup:

@Theduke, really sorry to hear about your issues - not good.
I've driven past Big Wave Campers numerous times living quite close by (N Devon). Actually passed by just this Sunday. Always wondered what they were like - guess we all know now.
Hope you get all sorted and can fully enjoy your van soon :thumbsup:

Thanks. Once the legal claim is sorted I’ll post a full review. I’m in Cornwall so it felt good supporting a local business. We are all absolutely staggered by the treatment we’ve had. They don’t even reply to emails now. Having the rear window taken out and re bonded on Friday. Sort the battery stuff out and I’m just about there!

Thanks. Once the legal claim is sorted I’ll post a full review. I’m in Cornwall so it felt good supporting a local business. We are all absolutely staggered by the treatment we’ve had. They don’t even reply to emails now. Having the rear window taken out and re bonded on Friday. Sort the battery stuff out and I’m just about there!

Really hope it's all sorted soon... I hate to think what other hidden issues you might have but fingers crossed you've sorted it.

I was lucky i didn't hand over any money in the end but was still an extremely stressful experience dealing with them.

Luckily have a carpenter in the family. I might put straps around it too.

View attachment 88171

That gas? pipe needs routing so that it can be clipped to a solid surface. The way it is could lead to work hardening of the copper at either end with the likelihood of it fracturing and possible disastrous consequences - whoever gave a gas certificate for the installation should named and shamed after reporting to their governing body. It looks as though everything that has been done needs checking closely.

That gas? pipe needs routing so that it can be clipped to a solid surface. The way it is could lead to work hardening of the copper at either end with the likelihood of it fracturing and possible disastrous consequences - whoever gave a gas certificate for the installation should named and shamed after reporting to their governing body. It looks as though everything that has been done needs checking closely.

VW vans checked it thoroughly mechanically when they fixed the wiring issue. But I think I’ll get someone to check the wiring and gas stuff. There’s a cupboard accessed via the back which has the gas pipe running down. I’m always worried I’m going to bash it when getting stuff out. I was definitely wrong to trust Big Wave Campers.

That's bordering on a RIDDOR I reckon.:eek:

What are the croc clips for? I'm not searching for problems, but genuinely interested. I'm guessing a charger of some type?

On the day of the sale - 1st of July, Big Wave Campers promised to order us two head restraint replacements with better finishing. So when we went back at the beginning of September to sort a couple of other things (Ceiling struts ceased and a new door seal) we expected them there. No - hadn’t been ordered. So the guy cut a chunk out of the headrest to make sure he got the ‘right colour’ I kid you not! We’ve never received them, despite them saying they were in the post, and us chasing about 10 times.

D9741805-210B-4727-A6B7-58B05E7D5CF2.jpeg

On the day of the sale - 1st of July, Big Wave Campers promised to order us two head restraint replacements with better finishing. So when we went back at the beginning of September to sort a couple of other things (Ceiling struts ceased and a new door seal) we expected them there. No - hadn’t been ordered. So the guy cut a chunk out of the headrest to make sure he got the ‘right colour’ I kid you not! We’ve never received them, despite them saying they were in the post, and us chasing about 10 times.

View attachment 89768

Knowing what the're like i can absolutely believe you getting all their bullshit... absolutely shocking customer service/support!

Back