BFGoodrich A/T KO2 tyre-pressure????

There isn’t actually an official tyre pressure for this size but 42 works. See how you go with your setup and monitor tyre wear etc.

I've gone for 50 up front with 45 in the rear. Only reason was the fronts were bulging. Just pumped them until it looked rite, no science. The treads getting even wear and making full contact so it's good for me!

I've gone for 50 up front with 45 in the rear. Only reason was the fronts were bulging. Just pumped them until it looked rite, no science. The treads getting even wear and making full contact so it's good for me!
I see what you mean and have done exactly the same. Tbh still a little bulge at 50 but will see how it goes. Thanks again

I see what you mean and have done exactly the same. Tbh still a little bulge at 50 but will see how it goes. Thanks again

I noticed first long run the fronts generated quite a lot of heat. Since pumping them up as mentioned it's significantly decreased to normal.

Think it's a good all round pressure for a Kombi unladen.

How did you measure the heat?

Just by touch on the sidewall, I was being pretty cautious at first while getting the correct pressures set up. I did a 100 mile run with 43 psi at first but I stopped at a garage half way and felt the front tyres were getting pretty warm so I pumped them up 50psi and then the after another 50 miles could tell it made quite a big difference. Since then I've increased the rear to 45 and I think that's spot on. If I'm taking a heavy load I'll up the rear.

I've got an infra red thermometer in my garage but didn't think to take that with me at the time. Would have been interesting to actually measure the difference.

I’m starting to think the 225/65 17 may have been a bit narrow over the 8.5 Fuels now.

Vibration was a bit much through the furniture etc so assumed the pressures would have been sky high - but they were a mix between 46 and 49.

Wondering if they’re a bit stretched and most of what I’ve read about the KO2s is that they’re pretty wafty.

Anyone got these tyres on a 102 van?
Yep, I do. Got them fitted on Friday and now I find myself here looking up what the 'correct' tyre pressure should be, as they aren't as comfortable as I was expecting. Going to try them at 42ish and see how it goes, (presuming mine are way higher at present - I haven't checked them yet)

20220128_155611-01-01.jpeg

Thank you very much @mgbracer64 according to that tyre pressure chart 225/65r17 should have 65psi. Before referring to this chart I had mine at 55 but I have now gone to 60psi and I think they look better and run better. I think I have been under inflating for the last couple of years!

Thank you very much @mgbracer64 according to that tyre pressure chart 225/65r17 should have 65psi. Before referring to this chart I had mine at 55 but I have now gone to 60psi and I think they look better and run better. I think I have been under inflating for the last couple of years!

The chart shows that the maximum pressure that you can put in that tyre is 65 P.S.I, that would be necessary to take the maximum weight that the tyre can carry, I doubt you are near that.
Even 60 P.S.I sounds very high to me, but if it works for you.....

The chart shows that the maximum pressure that you can put in that tyre is 65 P.S.I, that would be necessary to take the maximum weight that the tyre can carry, I doubt you are near that.
Even 60 P.S.I sounds very high to me, but if it works for you.....
Thank you for pointing out that this is maximum psi. Won't go any higher

Back