weve gone from this --->

fff1.jpg

to this --->

2.jpg

by doing this ---->

4.jpg

which ended up with this --->

3.jpg

But managed to get it all off without any paint damage.

Gota say i think the vans looking more classy already. . . . . . .

No visible holes or paint damage after removing OEM Sportline splitter (number plate holes bit different and tow eye cover is now missing)

just waiting for the WOC splitter to arrive now.

Already an improvement with front pavement clearance.

Bit of progress today....

weve gone from this --->

View attachment 23850

to this --->

View attachment 23851

by doing this ---->

View attachment 23852

which ended up with this --->

View attachment 23853

But managed to get it all off without any paint damage.

Gota say i think the vans looking more classy already. . . . . . .

No visible holes or paint damage after removing OEM Sportline splitter (number plate holes bit different and tow eye cover is now missing)

just waiting for the WOC splitter to arrive now.

Already an improvement with front pavement clearance.

It does look far better, I agree more class.

Don't make the mistake I did when ordering a towing eye cover. There's 2 different types, one is textured and one isn't, the part numbers are different and you need the none textured so it can be painted.

This one VW T6 Genuine Primed Tow Hook Eye Cover 7e5807241 | eBay

@Pauly might be able to get you one a little cheaper, but they are not expensive anyway, and I got 2, so I could get them both painted and have a spare.

Oh and anyone reading this that has a Sportline splitter, they are totally different again and sadly a part that is not available to buy separate to the splitter, hence why I also have 2 of these.

Last edited:
It does look far better, I agree more class.

Don't make the mistake I did when ordering a towing eye cover. There is 2 different types, one is textured and one isn't, the part numbers are different and you need the none textured so it can be painted.

This one VW T6 Genuine Primed Tow Hook Eye Cover 7e5807241 | eBay

@Pauly might be able to get you one a little cheaper, but they are not expensive anyway, and I got 2, so I could get them both painted and have a spare.

Oh and anyone reading this that has a Sportline splitter, they are totally different again and sadly a part that is not available to buy separate to the splitter, hence why I also have 2 of these.

Perfect, thank you. ill try @Pauly first . . . if not ill follow your ebay link.

Perfect, thank you. ill try @Pauly first . . . if not ill follow your ebay link.

Good call :thumbsup:

I might remove all mine because I think the next look I go for needs all the bling removing.
I'd Gloss Blacked all my bare plastics apart from that lower section round your front fogs, because it was behind the splitter, so i'm just on the hunt for that panel to have gloss Blacked for when I remove mine.

Good call :thumbsup:

I might remove all mine because I think the next look I go for needs all the bling removing.
I'd Gloss Blacked all my bare plastics apart from that lower section round your front fogs, because it was behind the splitter, so i'm just on the hunt for that panel to have gloss Blacked for when I remove mine.

Agreed . . . . . also joined "Club De-Badged" too last-week.

got rid of all this bling (but kept the Transporter of the LHS). . .

20180418_130436.jpg

I go through phases on my vans. Last one had caravelle front grille, chrome lower, and splitter. This one is all gloss black and spoiler and splitter!! I suppose its easier for me as i change them every year!

I go through phases on my vans. Last one had caravelle front grille, chrome lower, and splitter. This one is all gloss black and spoiler and splitter!! I suppose its easier for me as i change them every year!

Lucky sod..lol

It's finally arrived..

WOC splitter.

Any advice or tips for fitting?

It just come in a box with some allen bolts and nuts.

Best way to line it up or is it plainly obvious?

20180615_200512.jpg

Here we Go then . . . . .

WOC Front Splitter Install.

Get it up on ramps for more clearance underneath . . . .

1.jpg

Doing it on my own so, roughly line it up and clamp in place . . . .

2.jpg

Check for clearance and space behind each panel and drill out a 6mm hole . . . .

3.jpg

The kit didn't come with any washers, so i added 6mm penny washers where i could (seems the Maxton kit comes with washers/instructions/stickers etc . . . Not the WOC one tho)

4.jpg

getting off the ramp was a bit close, but ok in the end . . . . about 10mm clearance!

5.jpg

final fittment and check . . . .

6.jpg

Looking good, i think this setup looks more classy than the OEM Sportline splitter . . . in reflex silver at least .

7.jpg

And a quick vid of the final fitting . . . .

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oDaCANgU7rk6g27s5

Here we Go then . . . . .

WOC Front Splitter Install.

Get it up on ramps for more clearance underneath . . . .

View attachment 24167

Doing it on my own so, roughly line it up and clamp in place . . . .

View attachment 24168

Check for clearance and space behind each panel and drill out a 6mm hole . . . .

View attachment 24169

The kit didn't come with any washers, so i added 6mm penny washers where i could (seems the Maxton kit comes with washers/instructions/stickers etc . . . Not the WOC one tho)

View attachment 24170

getting off the ramp was a bit close, but ok in the end . . . . about 10mm clearance!

View attachment 24171

final fittment and check . . . .

View attachment 24172

Looking good, i think this setup looks more classy than the OEM Sportline splitter . . . in reflex silver at least .

View attachment 24173

And a quick vid of the final fitting . . . .

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oDaCANgU7rk6g27s5
Good job, well done that is. Looks better on the van than the couch too.....

Back