Which? Best seat covers?

MDS

As title says, who can recommend a decent set of seat covers. VW rep said they haven't got part numbers for T6 ones yet. Slightly different he says including different headrest sizes.
Had Vw ones in my T5 so I know they fit well. I don't want anything like the GTE leather type, just a stylish, well fitting, hopefully water proof set for the front and back of my Kombi.
Any tried the veedubtransporter two tone ones?

Same as T5.1 seats they have all carried over the only difference is that the seat covers are supplied with armrest/headrest covers and the headrests on some caravelles and californias are different from standard seats so the headrest covers will not fit on those certain ones but for vans and kombis they are fine
VW Vans: Transporter Accessories |VWCV (UK)
scroll down to the protection section, VW dont make covers for rear triple bench seats though so have to go aftermarket if you have one of them

Initially I had a set of black Inka waterproof covers in my T6 . I had a set in my T5.1 and they were magic. My vans are work horses , so wipe clean and waterproof is the order of the day. The fronts seat covers fitted the T6 perfectly, the triple rear so good as its slightly different now. Having said that the seat looked fine and everything worked ie seat belts etc.

I've since treated the van to a custom set of gte covers which are astoundingly good and fit like a finger in a bum.

My spaniels have been relegated to the back with all my tools now.

I'm gonna stick the inka covers on ebay soon, happy to split them as well .

Ian

I tried to buy some Inka's today and was told they've all been sold to VW! Rang Vw today........it'll come as no surprise that they've stuck a substantial mark up on them! Question though.......I can find some Inka's for a 2013 California. Would these fit a T6 Kombi? I think the T6 headrests are the same as a pre 2014 California's so the 2013 seat covers should be ok............can anyone help?

We considered seat covers and was talking to Escape Gear in South Africa as they are superb, but have now decided to wait till the cloth gets worn and just go for a leather retrim.

Yeh......I'm going for a leather retrim too......sometime in the new year. I'll want to cover the drivers seat from time to time even though it'll be leather because I'll be going for red or white stitching.

What's a ball park cost for a combi with single fronts leather retrim , I no it depends a lot on what design you go for ?

.........and I think I'll have to bite the bullet and get on with my plans because I think some suppliers might just have to jack up their prices because of Brexit?

Ours costing £900 for the front pair and £1000 for the RIB using Martrim STD Hides with Agua Nova cloth on the reverse / bed side of the RIB and keeping understated - just a little bit of contrast stitching.

I would like to source a couple of Cali / Vel headrests if anyone knows where?

Think my conversion guy is £1500 -£2k for two front seats and rear rock n roll

I've got Seatskinz on order for the front seats. Long lead time (8 weeks) but they look pretty decent.
Cali seats take a bit of a hammering because you have to tread on them to get up top.

I've got Seatskinz on order for the front seats. Long lead time (8 weeks) but they look pretty decent.
Cali seats take a bit of a hammering because you have to tread on them to get up top.

Would like to see these when there fitted. Looking for somthing to protect seats from the kids..

Would like to see these when there fitted. Looking for somthing to protect seats from the kids..
I'll put up photos when I do.
We had the waterproof VW ones on our last Cali; they worked but they looked a bit dull and were quite sweaty; trying to make this one a bit more homely so rugs on the floor, nice blankets on the rear seats, fitted covers on the front ones.

Back