Hey everyone, brand new to this forum and also a complete newbie in the campervan world. Was very lucky to have just won a VW T6 camper van and looking for some advice on insuring it. I already have a vehicle insured so was wondering the best way and if anybody knows any decent companies to use?

Hey everyone, brand new to this forum and also a complete newbie in the campervan world. Was very lucky to have just won a VW T6 camper van and looking for some advice on insuring it. I already have a vehicle insured so was wondering the best way and if anybody knows any decent companies to use?

Welcome mate........and congratulations on your good fortune. You've absolutely come to the right place for T6's. You'll find a wealth of guidance on here.........but as a starter, I've used A plan, Brentacre, back to A plan and now Aviva. 56 year old male with a clean record and no claims.........12000 miles a year, 150 manual kombi.........£360 a year including recovery and home start. :thumbsup:

There’s a whole section in this Forum on Insurance.

Thread moved

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome mate........and congratulations on your good fortune. You've absolutely come to the right place for T6's. You'll find a wealth of guidance on here.........but as a starter, I've used A plan, Brentacre, back to A plan and now Aviva. 56 year old male with a clean record and no claims.........12000 miles a year, 150 manual kombi.........£360 a year including recovery and home start. :thumbsup:
Thanks for replying so quickly. I’ve seen that company pop up on a few sites on FB so I’ll definitely check that out later on and get a quote. I’ll be well chuffed if I can get it for around price, was expecting a lot more. I’ll post on here when I get a quote.
looking forward to learning loads from this forum.
thanks again.
Steve.

Reactions: CAB
Huge welcome pal.
Interesting that you won the van....how etc?
I'm with the NFU and pay £501.00 for a 2020 4Motion T32 Highline with any driver over 25, protected NCB.
Looking forward to seeing a few photos.

Huge welcome pal.
Interesting that you won the van....how etc?
I'm with the NFU and pay £501.00 for a 2020 4Motion T32 Highline with any driver over 25, protected NCB.
Looking forward to seeing a few photos.
I’ll take a look at that site then.
I won it on one of those competition sites that pop up all over FB. It was 1st ever time of entering. I bought 15 tickets £5.99 each. I only did it as a mate of mine also won a car on his 1st go as well, so when the T6 came up I couldn’t resist as I’d been looking at getting one for a while.
I’ll stick some pictures up when it arrives hopefully later on today.
Steve.

Congratulations on your good fortune and welcome to the T6 club... I have admiral multicar policy... one policy for 2 vehicles... around 650 a year with the T6 insured for 55K and an SUV Mitsi on the policy...S5 tracker and ghost2 fitted so discount applied.

Hi, Blue here. I’m also expecting to take delivery of my first T6, indeed first VW camper ever within next two weeks. Looking at insurance. Will you let me know which you’ve gone with and how much?

If your log book says ‘motor caravan’ then I would suggest you try Saga.
if it isn’t registered as above then it’s a whole different story and if you have few hours spare there is a very long thread on this issue.

Can any body recommend insurance company van will be worth 70k with conversion just kampers want thatchem approved trackers fitted won’t insurer unless fitted

Can any body recommend insurance company van will be worth 70k with conversion just kampers want thatchem approved trackers fitted won’t insurer unless fitted
Most insurers, if not all, will insist on a tracker for a camper of that value. Even if you do manage to find an insurer that doesn't, I would recommend getting a tracker anyway - it's a small price to pay to protect your valuable pride & joy.

Yes I agree my last van had a global tracker fitted but was not thatchem approved it was £100.00 this insurance company want the thatched which is £1000 fitted with subscription

Seems steep!
I'm having a Thatchem Approved Cat 6 tracker installed end of the month for £99 (Promo price)
Then i'll pay £399 one off lifetime (vehicle ownership) subscription.
Very reasonable I thought.

I went with A Plan recently, first time camper owner with in my mind high value vehicle . Modifications etc included no tracker but require Thatcham immobiliser which it has anyway. Came in under £400

I went with A Plan.. top service and amazing price £340 to cover the current modifications and future ones…

Would definitely recommend trying Brentacre too. Heard lots of good things about A-Plan but their quote for us was very high (using correct branch and group discounts too). Brentacre were great and have a full list of what’s on our van, understand everything. LV wouldn’t offer like for like if anything went wrong, only market value at the time… so definitely worth checking with the value of your van.

Regarding the need for a tracker, we had the same. We were insured but not covered for theft until the tracker was installed (done the morning after collection). We had an S5 tracker done which would have been £450+ but was discounted down to £300 as we got a ghost done at the same time. The yearly tracking fee is then £149. So £1,000 definitely sounds a bit steep.

Back