Best deals on a new Transporter?

Crikey, that's some option list.
Just trying to match what we have now which is nothing flash (Kia Sorrento KX4) but has lots of standard equipment that I’m finding is an expensive option on the VW.

Obviously the van has heaps of additional functionality but don’t want to miss out on what I’d consider basics - like heated seats, camera, parking sensors, 4 wheel drive, navigation... all that is super high priced extras

Just trying to match what we have now which is nothing flash (Kia Sorrento KX4) but has lots of standard equipment that I’m finding is an expensive option on the VW.

Obviously the van has heaps of additional functionality but don’t want to miss out on what I’d consider basics - like heated seats, camera, parking sensors, 4 wheel drive, navigation... all that is super high priced extras
Yep, I know exactly what you mean. I ended up sacrificing stuff because it got silly. Didnt bother with Nav or 4 motion. Got to a point where I even took off heated seats but probably cocked up there and can no longer add it :mad:. Got my DSG and LED though so happy.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. I ended up sacrificing stuff because it got silly. Didnt bother with Nav or 4 motion. Got to a point where I even took off heated seats but probably cocked up there and can no longer add it :mad:. Got my DSG and LED though so happy.
I emailed Guy.

I take it off road / fields a fair bit so would prefer 4wd and the Mrs really wants it as she’s scared to drive in snow (for that 6 hours a year that it actually happens!).

Local dealer offered 10.5% straight off without us even asking so there’s definitely deals out there.

What kind of delivery time you getting?

I emailed Guy.

I take it off road / fields a fair bit so would prefer 4wd and the Mrs really wants it as she’s scared to drive in snow (for that 6 hours a year that it actually happens!).

Local dealer offered 10.5% straight off without us even asking so there’s definitely deals out there.

Would have loved 4wd but pricey and extra ££ on top to go for the 199bhp. I have requested March for new reg and told it will probably be mid March for collection. Going for panel van to convert into camper. My mind is mashed as it appears to be a money pit but well excited.

I emailed Guy.

Just realised you must be THE Rob EMTB. Welcome, it’s your channel that got me off my arse and bought a bike at the start of this year :thumbsup:

Haha! Yeah that’s me Good fun though aren’t they?!
Made me enjoy pedal bikes for the first time in 30yrs, in fact I’m off out on it shortly. I’ll be following your reviews of the upcoming bikes closely as I’m going to blow the budget next year and get a new bike, tested the water with a £2k Haibike but I’m hooked now. Good choice going to a Transporter.

Thought I’d resurrect this thread to see if dealers are offering bigger discounts than those seen earlier this year now. I’m happy with my van but if there are better deals to be had as dealers are desperate I would definitely consider trading up. Anyone have any experience of discounts bigger than the 16% quoted here?

I think dealerships are closed at the moment? Certainly my local one is.
I think most of them are but I had read some dealers were open (providing essential maintenance?) and were discussing sales/deals. I want to start investigating the possibility of some massive deals being available when things start to return to some sort of normality

Well, I got 12% off when I ordered in November.

But considering factories are labour-intensive places that rely on a large network of other factories for parts, I'd be surprised if they'll get up-and-running any time soon. I wonder if VW might sell off their current inventory (if there is any) at an inflated price in order to keep margins as high as possible whilst they can't produce any more and then capitalise on the pent-up demand and lower output once factories start-up again.

My bet is on the prices increasing slightly if anything.

Well, I got 12% off when I ordered in November.

But considering factories are labour-intensive places that rely on a large network of other factories for parts, I'd be surprised if they'll get up-and-running any time soon. I wonder if VW might sell off their current inventory (if there is any) at an inflated price in order to keep margins as high as possible whilst they can't produce any more and then capitalise on the pent-up demand and lower output once factories start-up again.

My bet is on the prices increasing slightly if anything.
It may depend on whether manufacturer/dealers feel the need to do something to stimulate business. It will also depend upon the behaviour of customers. Many will naturally be financially cautious. More people might continue to work from home which may suppress vehicle sales. At present I have a quote of 14% via Autoebid who I’ve used before. I know I am being opportunistic but if discounts do become more attractive in the short term, I am doing some leg work now to make sure I am ready.

Hi all,
So I’m self employed and every 3 years change my van for work reasons. New van needs to be ordered sharpish. Currently got 2 quotes for a T6.1 a lot of extras on it, just wondering if these are good prices?
Pure Grey T6.1 LWB 199 Panel Van Highline.
OTR price - £42,240.26
If I minus the options I have on there it’s - £35682.26 inc vat OTR
Is this looking good or should I be pushing for more?

-LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights (Tailgate) with red tail lights

-Single front passenger seat

-Armrests for both front seats

-Manual height adjustment for front seats

-Heated driver and front passenger seats

-Manually adjustable lumbar support in front seats

-Carpet floor covering in cab

-Electronically controlled front air conditioning system and second heating system in passenger compartment

-Parking sensors - front and rear with park assist

-Rear view camera

-Navigation system "Discover Media" including "Streaming & Internet" with we connect plus duration 1 year

-Rubber floor covering in passenger/load compartment with loading edge protection rear with step illumination

-Tailgate without window aperture, with power latching

-Traffic sign recognition

-Active Lane assist with Side assist

-High-beam control

-Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

-Tailgate/trunk lid release from inside (electrically)

-Mudflaps front and rear

-Power latching for passenger side sliding door

-Heated washer nozzles in front and washer fluid level indicator

Seems quite pricey to me, just before lockdown I ordered a Crafter for work with near identical spec, biggest engine, pure grey, captains heated everything, AC, towbar etc and it was 29 plus vat, bare in mind list with lots of options was 46 plus vat. Get them pushed you will be surprised.

I went through two dealers until I got the price I wanted. They really wanted the business with all that is going on!

Not sure when it may arrive though! Not a massive priority though TBF.

I will get back on to them in the morning and see what they come up with. My list price was £49562inc vat

Drop me your spec on an email, I will price it for you. Do you know what % discount you were quoted?

oli (at) bmvs . Co.uk

Back