T6.1 110PS - remap?

GinoKing

Hi,
Just recently joined and first time transporter owner.

i’ve got a T6.1 T28 2.0 TDi 110 Highline. 2020 reg. I intend to tow a caravan with it.

I find that this 110 engine is slightly underpowered, as I have recently parted company with a 2.0 TDi 150 T-ROC and that towed the caravan brilliantly.

I have heard of ECU’s being remapped to create extra bhp/torque and fuel economy, which I would be interested in.

What I don’t know is, does remapping affect the manufacturers warranty?

I would appreciate any advice on this or an alternative, plus, the best companies/products for remapping etc.
Cheers.

Yes, remapping will affect your warranty.
There are loads of threads on here about remapping - Revo and Pendle seem to be favourite. Do a search for them to see what is possible.

Pete

Yes, remapping will affect your warranty.
There are loads of threads on here about remapping - Revo and Pendle seem to be favourite. Do a search for them to see what is possible.

Pete
Many thanks for the reply. Already searching. Cheers

I’m still contemplating a remap. If , following a remap , a component fails as a direct result of the remap, is there any agree by the company that does the remap, to pay for the work to correct the failure?
Thanks.

A statement from VW approving the work being undertaken?!!

edit: autocorrect made “VW” become “be” when I typed!

Last edited:
Hi All,

Have searched the forum and am struggling to find threads relating to remap options for my specific engine (5 speed manual, 110ps).

Has anyone had theirs mapped yet? Any guidance is very welcome!

Thanks

Simon

There's plenty of information on here about remapping T6's with the 5 speed gearbox:
In general the consensus seems to be that the 5 speed box is not strong enough to take big engine power increases.
Of course, the way you drive would be an important factor, but for my money I'd speak to Pendle, I think they do a remap for that engine / gearbox combination that limits the torque to what the gearbox can take.

Edit, Just seen yours is a T6.1, I'm not sure it makes any difference!

There's plenty of information on here about remapping T6's with the 5 speed gearbox:
In general the consensus seems to be that the 5 speed box is not strong enough to take big engine power increases.
Of course, the way you drive would be an important factor, but for my money I'd speak to Pendle, I think they do a remap for that engine / gearbox combination that limits the torque to what the gearbox can take.

Thanks! Will look into Pendle on the to

Superchips quote pretty staggering increases in torque and bhp, which would be a worry based on the gearbox concerns/limitations.

It’s a camper (we are away in it today fully loaded) and the 110 feels a bit underpowered pulling away from static/low speed but fine when moving.

Am also having coilovers, ARBs and Revo brakes fitted so seems in a better state to use more power if there is a good option.

Back